Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

Its NOT Nigel's fault!.

Now a lot of you might be shocked by this, especially coming from me, but its not Nigel''s fault that we''re not winning games.

Yes, that what I said, its not his fault!.

Now I don''t have to be at a game to know that the opposition goalkeeper, can and will, pull of great saves to deny us a goal.

Or that the ref will be a complete no brain muppet, and make awful decisions.

That woodwork has been hit time and time again, and shots are cleared off the line too.

All the above incidents have been in a abundance during City''s first four games this season, well, that''s not Nigel''s fault is it now?. Just how the hell does he allow for any of the above?.

There is no one one these boards who have been more ''anti Worthy'' than me in the past, no one, yes?.

But I''m confident our luck, and it is only about luck, will turn soon, and that''s why I still support Worthy, and I see no reason to change that!. If we were not creating chance after chance, then I would be worried.

Come on in, the waters lovely.

It hasn''t been Nigel''s fault.

I''m assuming this is 1st Wizards brother posting or something

I agree with you, not 100% but i agree. Worthy is not blameless but we have to remember that we have had a strange start to the season.

Our only problem is adapting to a different style of football..........

We have to accept that teams will come to FCR and play for the draw, that will happen alot this season. Our style has to be one where we are able to break teams down without being caught on the break (something we failed to do in the first two home games)

The last two games have been against our Premiership opposition from last season WHO ARE ALSO STRUGGLING TO ADAPT!!!!! (as did Leicester and Wolves last season) as such the style of football was visibly different (and before anyone says ''you weren''t there'' i have seen tapes of the crewe and CP games)

We have to look at things logically, we played well yesterday and easily deserved a draw, to lose 1-0 away from home against Southampton is not poor management etc.

People really need to stop looking for scapegoats, sure Worthy is not perfect but if he was he would be Chelsea manager! Yes, he has spent more than any other Norwich manager, but he has also done what other managers failed to do, get us back to the premiership only two years after we were nearly Nottingham Forest/ Sheff Wed etc.

His dealings in the transfer market havven''t been great but the obvious problems we are facing in midfield are not worthy fault, Francis HAD to go and worthy obviously thought that Safri was capable of being the playmaker in this league ( of which he is doing a great job)and as such targeted a holding midfielder in the Gary Holt mould.....Andy hughes was the best one out there for the money we had! He had a shaky start but looked to be improving against palace.

On a different note, i really think we need to utilize Thorne in the last 20 minutes of games, he looks hungry but is never going to score the goals he clearly has in him if he plays 20 minutes every 4 games.

Now Wiz, can you explain how you can switch from polar opposites in little over a week, you were on the verge of shooting worthy this time last week !?!?!?!

I was going to avoid the forum this week as I thought that it''d be totally full of ''worthy out'' type conversation threads, but from the most unlikely source imaginable I find some positive comments!

Nice one Wiz, I totally agree with what you say!

If we''d been losing games 2 or 3-0 without creating any chances I''d be very worried, but we only lost yesterday due refereeing ineptitude and yet more direct hits on the woodwork. Also Crewe and Palace should''ve conceeded a lot more than the solitary goal we put past them.

If things had been going our way we''d be sitting here with 8 points.

Also, last season after 6 games on 31st August, Sunderland were on 5 points having won once, drawn twice and lost three and were 9 points behind Wigan! And the season we won league, after 5 games on 31st August we were on 7 points having already lost two games.

Basically, what I''m trying to say that it''s a marathon not a sprint!

OK.

How much is the ransom? What do you want? What have you done with Mr Wizard and why are you impersonating him on these boards?

Thank god Wiz.  Some sensible talking.  Well said.  It isn''t Nige''s fault.  The skill is there, we just need the luck.  I''m 100% confident that Worthy is the best man to get us promoted.  Give him time.  There is a long way to go 

I guess that anyone who regularly posts without having a clue must by law of average get it right sometime and forr once Wizard has.

[quote]OK. How much is the ransom? What do you want? What have you done with Mr Wizard and why are you impersonating him on these boards?[/quote]

Bloody brilliant, At Last!.

But it is me, honestly.

Can anyone who went yesterday, tell me if Deano is becomming affected by all the transfer speculation, as in his play I mean.

I''ve just seen the highlights, and I must say I would have expected him to bury at least one chance he had.

If it not worthy whose fault is it?  The boards (£2m for morrison suggets not), the fans (yes we are edgy but that is taken from the team and always will do so), the players (its not flems faulkt he is picked each week despite being past his best, and the feoort is always magnificent) the ball boys - yes it must be them.

Then answer is Worthy IS to blame, but so are the players - just as it is their fault (management and players) when things go oh so well - the earnt and deserved their plaudits of just 16 months ago.

A lot has passed in those 16 months; a measure of a person is not how they perform when things go well but in how they addres problems when they arise.  So far I have seen little in worthy successfully addressing the clear and present issues addressing this football club - and for that only HE is responsilble - and that is why football management is so stressful.

Fortunately the answer is obvious and in his own hands (coach a defensive structure using our best defenders and accommodate hux without compromising the rest of the team(compromising hux by getting him to defend is not the answer either) - but will he take it soon enough? 

OTBC  

[quote]If it not worthy whose fault is it? The boards (£2m for morrison suggets not), the fans (yes we are edgy but that is taken from the team and always will do so), the players (its not flems faulkt he i...[/quote]

You''ll always beat me Zipper, with well chosen words and a clever though out remark, but all I ask you to do, is to take a leap of faith with me today.

I am convinced that by 10 games, City will be going so well, you will have forgotten what your concerns were.

My reasons for this?, in the end, quality always wins, always has. And City do have quality players and manager.

Surely thats not in question is it?, oh, it is, isn''t it?.

Well, take my hand and try that leap, and if after 11 games its still the same, then you can go back to your usual posts.

Deal?

Wiz, I would love to take your hand (metaphorically speaking of course) regardless of whether Zipper takes the other.

Yes- we have quality. But so does most of the division. So what will make the difference is how we use that quality.

For a simplistic soul like me it boils down to one question:

Are we better than the sum of our parts or worse?

At the moment I feel we are worse- we are not getting from our squad what we should be getting. By some distance too. That was the case last year too (when the apologists also said wait wait wait and it''ll be alright. It wasn''t and those ostriches got a kick up the backside).

Nigel deserves time. However there is clearly something not right and that has got to be fixed.

Ok Wiz - it''s a deal

BUT it is a leap of faith because whilst you are right that the quality is there and quality will always surface, I can''t shake off the feeling that some things are badly wrong which will take more than a few wins to cure.  The coaching, the system, selection and transfer priorities are all puzzling.  What did happen between Leon and Francis??????

Then again, I still thought we would make it at half time at Fulham so I''m clearly an irrational optimist.  A leap of faith it is then,

I''ll look for your assessment after Reading 24th September

tumbleweed raises an interesting point, I was looking at
the ipswich team compared to ours last night and there''s
no comprison. If after ten games the same is true then we
have to question is worthy using his much better parts to
a greater extent than royle is using his young lads and his
freebies.

Wiz; I can take a faltering start to the season but I, tumbleweed and others, are seeing a continued failure by the coachoing staff to prepare and present the best 11 players in the best formation with understanding week in week out.

The unwillingness to change flem in defence and failure to stock central midfield with enough quality or even simple quantity are basic errors.

I will take your hand for the next half dozen games or so, but I do expect to see evidence of change on the football pitch to earn my faith - poor results will be acceptable if performances in defence and midfield improve.

But like most religions all individuals at one stage or another question their own faith due to the failings of what they see - thats where we are with worthy.  Its time for some action from NW.

OTBC