Sign in to follow this  
lappinitup

City sign Cameron Jerome

Morris is on loan, Becchio out the door as soon as interest comes in and I''m sure Loza will go out on loan now we have 4 experienced strikers.

As already said by more than one poster three of our strikers can play across the front line & wing.

This with pace of Redmond & Murphy should put the wind up any team in tbis league.

Good signing in my book.

The key is the defensive platform in the centre of the field provided by Johnson and Tettey. Hoolahan completes the effective central triumvirate, which is beyond the capacity of teams in this division.

What Neil is doing on top of this - and to done degree because of this - is employing a Man City esque interchangeable front four.

This again is beyond the capabilities of fixed , stand-on-my-toes champ centre backs and also gives Hoolahan considerably more options to pick from. He is ironically the least attacking of the front four and his disinterest in shooting or scoring is then irrelevant.

Lafferty has been schooled - and to his credit has learnt - the Italian principles of what to do and when. He us tactically astute and makes good choices.

If he could reach this to Redmond he could increase his value threefold overnight.

Grabban moves stealthily, but only really comes alive in the box, where he is selfish and greedy, which I like...

[quote user="Even Keel"]A bit of a sticking plaster type player, a temporary fix as Adams attempts to plug the holes. Within one season we''ve gone from feeding a wolf to feeding a donkey.[/quote]

£8m Wolf 1 goal in 27.. £2M "donkey" 2 goals in 29.... Throw in sheer nuisance value with the pace & power aspect of "donkey". In the Champs I think I know who will be more effective.

When will people realising we are fishing in an entirely different pool now. Some people are completely off their rocker if they think we can attract £6-8M young, upcoming (even foreign) players now. This year is about getting players in who can get us out of the league we are in. Our last 3 promotions show this. In 2004 we signed the likes of Edworthy & Svennson who had been round the block a few times and new what was needed to get out of the Champs. In L1 we signed the likes of Holt, Gill & Nelson - players who knew that division. The following year it was the likes of Ward, Barnett, Fox & Crofts. All players who were then moved on or weren''t good enough for the prem. Cuellar, Jerome & O''Neill add experience and depth to the squad. Yes they are cheap but all should be more than capable of doing a job in this league. Games come thick & fast and injuries & suspensions will happen. The likes of Turner, Whitaker & Tettey have a history of injuries and we will need this additional depth.

Like everyone else I would love a headline signing but who would this be? No-one viable springs to mind.

Makes a solid front line for this league and will do the job.

More in defence to shore it up imo, unless we can get the Adams v Bassong issue to ease. Eat humble pie, he can do good in this league too.

I think this is a very good signing, not too much fanfare about it and dont see too many excited by it, but I have a gut feeling, that we will be very happy with this move come the end of the season.

I cannot believe that some of those who post on here are NCFC supporters. If they are, and they think it is funny to denigrate City at every opportunity, then I can tell them that the joke fell flat a long time ago.

No team, to my knowledge, has ever gone a whole season in the Championship without losing any games. we''ve lost one already, and we will lose some more this season, We will draw some games we have dominated too, but I have been impressed with what NA has managed to do already.

He (or others) have made at least two good signings already, brought Wesley back into the fold and got us playing football again.

We still have the core of the team which nearly stayed up last season - despite Hughton''s (lack of) tactics.

Last season people kept saying "I''ll give Hughton 10 games before I pass judgement". NA deserves the same.

I think he''s a quality championship striker.  Very pleased with this signing.

In answer to one comment - there are quite a few posters who are clearly not city fans.  If we lost tomorrow I expect a lot of comments on this board from them.  But hopefully a win for us and they''ll be conspicuous by their absence.