Sign in to follow this  
TIL 1010

Do The Media Office Know We Were relegated ?

Just looked on the official Norwich City site and noticed that the league table was updated today 18/6/2014 showing all the clubs listed in alphabetical order with nil games played.

The thing is it is The Premier League with Arsenal top. [:$][:''(].

Archant have done it as well on this site.

Don''t worry it will reach whoever was responsible for this stupid mistake as the media office trawl this messageboard.

Are the same people responsible for the official site yesterday, that took until 9.30 (half an hour after the ''official'' launch) to put the fixture list on?

How difficult is it?

I think it proves that these football club websites are run remotely by geeks who work for the company that own them.  The local input is probably done by someone at CR, but the more general system stuff is probably programmed in by some computer geek in New Delhi or somewhere equally remote, like Diss.......

The clubs official website has been built around the same template nearly all Championship and below clubs has been for a while now. Its either as a result of a web "partnership" between the Football League and the clubs that we were tied into or one that we, together with a lot of other clubs, signed up for-and are tied into, still.

As has been said, I suspect we provide the content and company ''x'' downloads it and updates all of their member clubs sites as and when they have time.

Its not a very nice site at all, you would hope that we might have our own one day designed, built and updated, in-house.

[quote user="Old Shuck"]

The clubs official website has been built around the same template nearly all Championship and below clubs has been for a while now. Its either as a result of a web "partnership" between the Football League and the clubs that we were tied into or one that we, together with a lot of other clubs, signed up for-and are tied into, still.

As has been said, I suspect we provide the content and company ''x'' downloads it and updates all of their member clubs sites as and when they have time.

Its not a very nice site at all, you would hope that we might have our own one day designed, built and updated, in-house.[/quote]

Agreed.  The old site though was much, much better.  It seemed change for change''s sake, as there seemed nothing wrong with the it.  The new one (not so new one) is a blot on the landscape and a bad advert for the club.

[quote user="lake district canary"]  It seemed change for change''s sake, as there seemed nothing wrong with the it.  The new one (not so new one) is a blot on the landscape and a bad advert for the club.

[/quote]You really don''t ''do'' change, do you, Lake ?I bet, in a previous life you were one of those knocking these new-fangled antibiotic thingies..''why bother with them when we''ve got the tried and trusted leeches? ''

[quote user="Reggie Strayshun"][quote user="lake district canary"]  It seemed change for change''s sake, as there seemed nothing wrong with the it.  The new one (not so new one) is a blot on the landscape and a bad advert for the club. [/quote]

You really don''t ''do'' change, do you, Lake ?

I bet, in a previous life you were one of those knocking these new-fangled antibiotic thingies..''why bother with them when we''ve got the tried and trusted leeches? ''
[/quote]

S*d off Reg.  I have an opinion. Get over it.

[quote user="Reggie Strayshun"][quote user="lake district canary"]  It seemed change for change''s sake, as there seemed nothing wrong with the it.  The new one (not so new one) is a blot on the landscape and a bad advert for the club.

[/quote]

I bet, in a previous life you were one of those knocking these new-fangled antibiotic thingies..''why bother with them when we''ve got the tried and trusted leeches? ''
[/quote]

The term I think you are looking for Reggie is "Luddite"

[quote user="The Butler"][quote user="Reggie Strayshun"][quote user="lake district canary"]  It seemed change for change''s sake, as there seemed nothing wrong with the it.  The new one (not so new one) is a blot on the landscape and a bad advert for the club.

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Luddite or no, you can disagree that the Norwich website is absolutely garbage - more adverts than content, impossible to navigate and half of the content is out of date.

[quote user="The Butler"][quote user="Reggie Strayshun"][quote user="lake district canary"]  It seemed change for change''s sake, as there seemed nothing wrong with the it.  The new one (not so new one) is a blot on the landscape and a bad advert for the club.

[/quote]

You really don''t ''do'' change, do you, Lake ?I bet, in a previous life you were one of those knocking these new-fangled antibiotic thingies..''why bother with them when we''ve got the tried and trusted leeches? ''[/quote]

[/quote]

Making judgements about changes that happen and recognising whether they are good changes or bad changes is a fairly healthy way of looking at things.   Just accepting things without question is the way to letting other people have control over you.   The old site was ok. The newer one is cr*p. 

[quote user="lake district canary"]

S*d off Reg.  I have an opinion. Get over it.

[/quote]Don''t we know it, too ? Because you repeat it over and over and over and over.........TBH, I rarely look at the official NCFC site, so really could not care less about the merits or otherwise of old/new. If we are going down the ''don''t want them to control my thoughts'' route, I''d far sooner get my info from  unofficial sites , this one included. The official one is fine for the ''no change...toe the party line'' types, but not for me, thanks.

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"][quote user="The Butler"][quote user="Reggie Strayshun"][quote user="lake district canary"]  It seemed change for change''s sake, as there seemed nothing wrong with the it.  The new one (not so new one) is a blot on the landscape and a bad advert for the club.

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Luddite or no, you can disagree that the Norwich website is absolutely garbage - more adverts than content, impossible to navigate and half of the content is out of date.

[/quote]

Never use it.

News is out quicker on other sources.

Stopped when they "joined" the official "everyone uses it" site

Much better when it was locally controlled and things could "happen" quickly

Like a lot of similar sites falls between the "need to inform" and "need to make money" stools.

My pennyworth says it should be an information site for the club fans.

As fans are now looked on in terms of CASH then the latter is more likely.

If Norwich staff do indeed read this site I would encourage them to keep it as it is, it clearly seems to be annoying some people. That amuses me.

I''d also encourage the music video for "fu(k da police" by NWA to be put on the front page.