Sign in to follow this  
#

Troy Deeney!

I think the simple answer here is don''t believe any of the cr@p you read, until you hear something official from the club.

[quote user="St Georgey"]Jimmy I''d much rather Deeney than Hooper.

I''d also much rather Rhodes than Hooper.

Goes without saying that I''d prefer either of them over RVW.[/quote]

No one who isn''t significantly mentally incapable wouldn''t....

[quote user="KeiranShikari"]Hooper, Grabban, Lafferty and Deeney, now that would be a frighting strikeforce. With Becchio and Wolf always likely to move on it certainly doesn''t feel too farfetched to me.Still early in the summer so I''m not worried about lack of other positions coming in. [/quote]

Nothing involving Hooper is frightening to anyone but the fans of the club he plays for...

[quote user="Yelloow Since 72"]Now the Star is saying that we''ve made a £10m bid for McCormack. You''ve got to love the tabloids![/quote]I have to say though, that it makes a nice change that its not in the other direction, and clubs are picking over Norwich City''s bones!

[quote user="Herman "]What''s Deeney actually like jaemae?[/quote]

I''m going to answer that like you are actually asking as I''d rather enjoy doing so:

Thrives in an open flowing system, as well as poaching goals on rebounds.

High volume shooter who wastes 70% of his chances.

Strong enough to hold the ball up, and good in the air.

Does not see the game well at all, unless it involves a chance for him. Doesn''t make runs (at least does 5% more of the time Hooper does). I''m not a big Deeney fan, on a team that doesn''t have an open style he''d be a 7-11 goal scorer. (but as I said, levels above Hooper)

Always appreciated to hear the views from someone with a better knowledge of a player[Y]

People keep saying it won''t happen cuz we''re well stocked with strikers now. It''s prudent and sensible business to get in the players you want, and then let the players you don''t want leave.It cost us dearly in the Premiership when Iwan went, and we hadn''t got a player lined up. Took us till Jan to get Ashton & by then it was too late!

In fairness, Iwan was told to go by Worthy, who then failed to find a replacement. Ashton almost saved us, but it was the cause of our demise, just like the failure to sign a quality ACM last year was a principal cause of our relegation. Look what happened to Newcastle after Cabbye left in January.

I''d be happier with Deeney than our other current options. As I said, not a huge fan, but that''s mostly cuz if he''s in poor attitude it will cause a problem. He can be a sulker and disrupt a lot of things. On the positive side, he is a very good striker at this level, despite being frustrating. Have to give him a lot of credit for the past 2 years, last year especially given the upheaval that happened at Watford. Being paired with Vydra helped him a lot 2 years ago (as it did Vydra).

If Adams wanted to go 4-3-3 and Deeney was acquired it could work.

We''re hearing reports that Watford have turned down a bid from Premier League new boys Burnley for Troy Deeney. The striker has been linked with several clubs, including West Brom, Swansea and Aston Villa, while Norwich are thought to have seen a £5million offer for Deeney rejected earlier this summer.

From SSN