Sign in to follow this  
skeps

a chance for becchio

[quote user="skippdogg"]prove it, never had a chance.[/quote]Apart from coming on against West Brom, and Fulham and Hull and Swansea...

[quote user="Nuff Said"][quote user="skippdogg"]prove it, never had a chance.[/quote]Apart from coming on against West Brom, and Fulham and Hull and Swansea...[/quote]

that was not a chance, start him against fulham and he will score, i am one of a few that liked hughton, but but his treatment of this guy was shocking, adam''s might give him a fresh start and he might just take it.

Of course he may have a part to play but, for me, if Becchio is considered the answer, then Adams is unlikely to be the man to manage us to safety. He is quite reasonably 3rd or 4th choice, we ought to be focusing on getting our main men firing.

His treatment of Beccio was not shocking.

How bloody simple are you?

A football team needs back up players, that''s all he was ever going to be. Surprised he didn''t get more of a chance when he was just vying for a place with Kamara, but not at all surprised this season. And he''s not been allowed to leave because we''d need to replace him, and that''d probably have just been a like for like.

He''s not good enough, if he was he''d have been in the team. If you honestly think he''d do any better than the other three then I''m sorry but you have a terrible understanding of football.

not simple compared to you , let''s just leave this thread till the end of the season and see who the fool is.

AVB thought the same about Adebayor, look at his record since Sherwood put his arm round him. Come on Becchio give Gingerpele a reason to be happy and humble at the same time.

What on Earth has Becchio done to deserve such optimism? He is slow, isn''t particularly strong (not as strong as Elmander), doesn''t get in good positions, can''t dribble ..... the only thing I''ve seen him do was a good through ball for Howson last season. Kei offered far more.

Scoring in the Championship (or for Celtic) is no guide to PL ability. Defenders in this division are streets ahead. You have to be an exceptional striker to succeed in the Prem. Becchio isn''t.

OK, given that Elmander, Hooper and Winkie with barely a goal amongst them, justify being selected time after time, I believe Becchio deserves a chance. The pundits all said that Lambert and Holt were championship strikers that would not trouble Premiership defenders, well Lambert is probably going to Brazil and as for Holt well hands up all those that prefer the above mentioned trio?

Give Becchio a crack Neeyull

Holt & Lambert only need ten minutes on the pitch to show they''ve got something about them. He''s had a lot longer than that.

Our three top strikers are scarcely any better. But they are better; sometimes they show signs of nearly doing something good. Becchio doesn''t.

It''s a facer, but Luciano isn''t the answer.

(P. S. Inevitably he''ll come on & score Saturday!)

(P. P. S. And I hope he does !!)

[quote user="skippdogg"]not simple compared to you , let''s just leave this thread till the end of the season and see who the fool is.[/quote]
You probably need to re-evaluate that first part...
And yes, yes we will. And with out a shadow of a doubt it''ll be you.

Carrot top?
I don''t have green hair?
You do realise the tops of carrots are green right?
No?
Fair enough. I guess you''re just another simpleton. Lovely job.

I do love it when people say calm down on the internet...
I''m perfectly calm, in fact i''m in a delightful mood thanks for asking. New job, lots of good news this week, got lots done. I''m very happy.
And little trolls like you just add a bit of humour. Bless.