Sign in to follow this  
a1canary

Would you take Steve Clarke right now?

As most people on this thread have pointed out, every manager bar 2 in this league has been sacked.

That''s largely irrelevant. Let''s suppose our long term target is in a job currently. If so, we''re not going to get them in a hurry. And we need to be in a hurry.  We can''t leave the new man to be forced to have to garner points from our last four games.

Ergo, if we''re going to make a change, we need to do it quickly and almost certainly it needs to be someone who can start immediately. That''s where the ''not in a job'' bit comes in. If whoever this is isn''t a longer term replacement, they would likely be an interim to the end of the season.  

So on that basis, of available managers who could start quickly (or if you must, could prized out of their current employment immediately) who would you suggest?

I would suggest that realistically there are no managers currently available that would help us in any way, and frankly I''d rather stick than just give the job to someone for the sake of change.

[quote user="splutcho"]I would suggest that realistically there are no managers currently available that would help us in any way, and frankly I''d rather stick than just give the job to someone for the sake of change.[/quote]

Absolutely fair enough then.

But sometimes, change for the sake of change is exactly what has to happen when no change results in a total breakdown between fans and club and cheering of opposition goals and so on. We know all about that, and if change for the sake of change is the only thing that will stop it, then that''s what has to be done. I don''t like it any more than the next person but i think we''ll be just about in that place if we lose to Hull and there is still no change.

Of the poor selection of names mentioned (mackay, lennon di matteo etc) he is the choice for me;   however I suspect a continental choice could be made.  

[quote user="splutcho"]I would suggest that realistically there are no managers currently available that would help us in any way, and frankly I''d rather stick than just give the job to someone for the sake of change.[/quote]Very much this.