Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

Stop thinking about the past.

An attacking performance yesterday that on most days would have resulted in at least a couple of goals for us.  Goals will come on the back of performances like this.   They are bound to.   So stop mithering on about last season, one match this season (Hull) or just trying to see the negative side of things from things that are in the past.  The truth is that  the team work and the attacking side of our game has improved and will result in goals if we keep it going.

Yesterday is gone.  Frustrating, yes, but the effort and attacking intent was there.   In most seasons with most managers, yesterday would be seen as an

entertaining, attacking performance with some great goal keeping and with luck, would have been a victory. 

So, Hughton outers - stop moaning on.   You''re living in the past.   The main complaint against CH was the lack of attacking intent.   Well, you''ve got that.   So why can''t you be patient and support him until the goals start to flow? 

Was it dull?  Was it dreary?  Do you want your money back?  Were the players not trying?   We had enough chances to win the game, so no need to go on about subs, either. 

We are still won win off mid-table so, please, please, see sense and take yesterday for what it was - a good attacking and enterprising performance which on another day would have meant a comfortable victory.    In the course of our development, yesterday was a step in the right direction.

In the course of our development, yesterday was a step in the right direction.

No it wasnt, it  was another game which showed our mangers inability to make meaningfull tactical  changes, just  like last season.No movement in the right direction!

I trust you are prepared for the back lash after posting this LDC, which will involve personal insults and accusations about something you havnt even written.

"Dubai Mark"I trust you are prepared for the back lash after posting this LDC, which will involve personal insults and accusations about something you havnt even written.

I did notice one typo/pt mistake. I should pick him up on it.

[quote user="Herman "]"Dubai Mark"I trust you are prepared for the back lash after posting this LDC, which will involve personal insults and accusations about something you havnt even written.

I did notice one typo/pt mistake. I should pick him up on it.[/quote]

Won does won''s best...........[:S]

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="Herman "]"Dubai Mark"I trust you are prepared for the back lash after posting this LDC, which will involve personal insults and accusations about something you havnt even written. I did notice one typo/pt mistake. I should pick him up on it.[/quote]

Won does won''s best...........

[:S]

[/quote]

Now wouldn''t that be nice to use the word "won" in conjunction with the team we all support?

Anyway, this thread has kicked off that old Fleetwood Mac song in Bor''s head so I''m off now to detox the old brain.

:-)

I have been getting more annoyed by the belittling of everything that was achieved last season. In no way was it perfect but the job got done.

Yesterday was a good game but the lack of goals is really concerning and something needs to click very soon or we will be back to square one.

This board reminds me of 1930s Spain. Few people are moderate about anything, they''re always extreme to one cause or another.