Sign in to follow this  
Iwans 2 front teeth

We are supporters are we!

Yankee. As I said, give it up.   If purple has an issue let him answer it.  The truth I am talking about is not to do with facts, its to do with two opposing sides of an argument.  And once and for all,  there is no victim here - only a poster who makes posts and who replies when other posters respond to one of his posts. 

[quote user="lake district canary"]Yankee. As I said, give it up.   If purple has an issue let him answer it.  The truth I am talking about is not to do with facts, its to do with two opposing sides of an argument.  And once and for all,  there is no victim here - only a poster who makes posts and who replies when other posters respond to one of his posts.  [/quote]PS Yankee,  I''m from  Thorpe St. Andrew  (about two miles from Norwich, in case you didn''t know) not Cumbria.

[quote user="lake district canary"]Yankee. As I said, give it up.   If purple has an issue let him answer it.  The truth I am talking about is not to do with facts, its to do with two opposing sides of an argument.  And once and for all,  there is no victim here - only a poster who makes posts and who replies when other posters respond to one of his posts. 

[/quote]

Stick to the point, Lakey, instead of regurgitating the same old worn phrase of "give it up." With respect to your comment, "If Purple has an issue let him answer it".....is this a new set of rules you are putting in place for this forum?  [:D] Purple didn''t express it as an issue but rather simply as a statement of fact. I agreed with it. I have no issue with you and others putting across opposing sides of an argument. Lots of room for opinions. Just don''t start injecting truth into the conversation unless you have iron clad facts to support any argument.

P.S: I came from the centre of Norwich. I don''t know if this gives me an extra point over you in your top ten grading system.

[quote user="YankeeCanary"] [quote user="lake district canary"]Yankee. As I said, give it up.   If purple has an issue let him answer it.  The truth I am talking about is not to do with facts, its to do with two opposing sides of an argument.  And once and for all,  there is no victim here - only a poster who makes posts and who replies when other posters respond to one of his posts. 

[/quote]

Stick to the point, Lakey, instead of regurgitating the same old worn phrase of "give it up." With respect to your comment, "If Purple has an issue let him answer it".....is this a new set of rules you are putting in place for this forum?  [:D] Purple didn''t express it as an issue but rather simply as a statement of fact. I agreed with it. I have no issue with you and others putting across opposing sides of an argument. Lots of room for opinions. Just don''t start injecting truth into the conversation unless you have iron clad facts to support any argument.

P.S: I came from the centre of Norwich. I don''t know if this gives me an extra point over you in your top ten grading system.

[/quote]

I think everyone else has given up Yankee.

My "grading system" was a suggestion only. 

Purple changed the parameters by bringing facts into a discussion about opinions.  I am well aware that facts are facts. The truth is that  some have blinkers on and can only see one side of an argument - as in "Hughton is rubbish" or "Holt is overweight" and refuse to accept any evidence to the contrary. 

Finally, if I want to bring the word "truth" into a conversation, I will use it whenever and wherever I want to.  Now, all you ever seem to do is try and change me and the way I post.   All I can suggest is you ask yourself "truthfully" - why is that?  That strikes me a bit odd, when you don''t even know me.  Trying to change what you can''t control is a fruitless exercise.

Finally, you don''t feature in the top ten.

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="YankeeCanary"] [quote user="lake district canary"]Yankee. As I said, give it up.   If purple has an issue let him answer it.  The truth I am talking about is not to do with facts, its to do with two opposing sides of an argument.  And once and for all,  there is no victim here - only a poster who makes posts and who replies when other posters respond to one of his posts. 

[/quote]

[/quote]

Purple changed the parameters by bringing facts into a discussion about opinions.  I am well aware that facts are facts. The truth is that  some have blinkers on and can only see one side of an argument - as in "Hughton is rubbish" or "Holt is overweight" and refuse to accept any evidence to the contrary. 

Finally, if I want to bring the word "truth" into a conversation, I will use it whenever and wherever I want to.  Now, all you ever seem to do is try and change me and the way I post.   All I can suggest is you ask yourself "truthfully" - why is that?  That strikes me a bit odd, when you don''t even know me.  Trying to change what you can''t control is a fruitless exercise.

[/quote]

Of course you can use the word truth whenever and wherever you want to. You can also say zip-a-dee-doo-dah backwards and forwards a thousand if you like but it won''t change the outcome of what has been pointed out to you. When you use the word truth in support of an argument that is not supported with iron clad facts it will always be nothing other than an opinion.

Incidentally, there are lots of places I feature in the top ten. On Ray''s Funds thread, for example, I seem to do quite well. Perhaps you haven''t noticed because you disappeared quickly from that thread when you got a couple of wrong picks. Some handle "wrong" better than others I suppose.

[quote user="YankeeCanary"][quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="YankeeCanary"] [quote user="lake district canary"]Yankee. As I said, give it up.   If purple has an issue let him answer it.  The truth I am talking about is not to do with facts, its to do with two opposing sides of an argument.  And once and for all,  there is no victim here - only a poster who makes posts and who replies when other posters respond to one of his posts. 

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Of course you can use the word truth whenever and wherever you want to. You can also say zip-a-dee-doo-dah backwards and forwards a thousand if you like but it won''t change the outcome of what has been pointed out to you. When you use the word truth in support of an argument that is not supported with iron clad facts it will always be nothing other than an opinion.

Incidentally, there are lots of places I feature in the top ten. On Ray''s Funds thread, for example, I seem to do quite well. Perhaps you haven''t noticed because you disappeared quickly from that thread when you got a couple of wrong picks. Some handle "wrong" better than others I suppose.[/quote]

"had-ood-eed-a-piz" to you Yankee and goodnight..........................

Louis & vanWink, I think you are right. Personally I like LDC''s support for this club, accentuate the positives, eliminate the negatives.NCFC whats not to like. I support the board, the manager & the players. They are all doing a fantastic job. Well done. Is a Critic a supporter, no he''s a Criticiser.

To each their own. I feel that a game only lasts 90 minutes (plus) so I tend to do my moaning in the pub afterwards. I can only really think of a few occasions when I might ''boo'' or abuse a City player; maybe if they clearly were not trying or if they insulted the club I love in a blatant way. In the past I have felt that it can damage a young player if the crowd ''get on their back''. As I have grown older I have become slightly more empathic. I know players are paid alot, but I guess I feel the player could be my boy on the park. I think the main reason why I get behind the team, and clap happily is because to my way of thinking people respond to praise and support - and I want my team to do well. Also, what gets you going more than anything else when you are at a match? For me one of the most impressive actions is to hear super support (chants and clapping) for a team, even when the team is loosing. Fans of opposing (away) teams love to hear home fans get on the home teams back. They likewise hate to hear 100% loyalty, and yes, happiness in the face of adversity. So whats it to be?