Sign in to follow this  
Iwans 2 front teeth

We are supporters are we!

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Now all you need to do is place the posters into the categories where you think they belong and we''ll know where we stand. (with you). [;)]

[/quote]

A rather pointless question Nutty as in my opinion Lakey has made his mind up. The simple answer is that you either agree with him or you don''t but if you do disagree be prepared to never hear the end of it. [:P]

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

Now all you need to do is place the posters into the categories where you think they belong and we''ll know where we stand. (with you). [;)]

[/quote]

A rather pointless question Nutty as in my opinion Lakey has made his mind up. The simple answer is that you either agree with him or you don''t but if you do disagree be prepared to never hear the end of it. [:P]

[/quote]

If someone swears something is black and another person swears its white, the truth is probably somewhere nearer grey.   To many people see things as black or white and won''t even consider a middle ground.   If you have a majority of posters over reacting to something they don''t like, its only common sense to try and get them to see a more balanced view.  The more entrenched their unbalanced view is the more I will try to make them see the other side of things.  My apparent entrenched positions are nothing more than trying to balance things out.   As for making my mind up about a supporter/poster  - that depends on the poster and what they post.  

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

If someone swears something is black and another person swears its white, the truth is probably somewhere nearer grey.   To many people see things as black or white and won''t even consider a middle ground.   If you have a majority of posters over reacting to something they don''t like, its only common sense to try and get them to see a more balanced view.  The more entrenched their unbalanced view is the more I will try to make them see the other side of things.  My apparent entrenched positions are nothing more than trying to balance things out.   As for making my mind up about a supporter/poster  - that depends on the poster and what they post.  

[/quote]

Or one person is right and the other wrong. Truth, in matters of fact, is truth, not wussy compromise.

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

We are never going to get anywhere Lakey when you make the judgement that posters over react and have entrenched unbalanced views.That is your opinion which unfortunately you see as a matter of fact. Have you ever considered that you just may be the one who has entrenched unbalanced views who is over reacting ? You may have a few fellow posters who see you as being put upon but I must hasten to add some have a hidden agenda which you are blissfully unaware of but there are also a list as long as your arm who disagree with your train of thought so why no accept that with good grace.

No more from me on the matter as this is maybe a tad drifting away from the topic but your 1-10 posters post was somewhat provocative in my book. I am sure you expected a response and most certainly from me so I have not disappointed you in that respect.

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="nutty nigel"]Now all you need to do is place the posters into the categories where you think they belong and we''ll know where we stand. (with you). [;)][/quote]A rather pointless question Nutty as in my opinion Lakey has made his mind up. The simple answer is that you either agree with him or you don''t but if you do disagree be prepared to never hear the end of it. [:P][/quote]

If someone swears something is black and another person swears its white, the truth is probably somewhere nearer grey.   To many people see things as black or white and won''t even consider a middle ground.   If you have a majority of posters over reacting to something they don''t like, its only common sense to try and get them to see a more balanced view.  The more entrenched their unbalanced view is the more I will try to make them see the other side of things.  My apparent entrenched positions are nothing more than trying to balance things out.   As for making my mind up about a supporter/poster  - that depends on the poster and what they post.   [/quote]

We are never going to get anywhere Lakey when you make the judgement that posters over react and have entrenched unbalanced views.That is your opinion which unfortunately you see as a matter of fact. Have you ever considered that you just may be the one who has entrenched unbalanced views who is over reacting ? You may have a few fellow posters who see you as being put upon but I must hasten to add some have a hidden agenda which you are blissfully unaware of but there are also a list as long as your arm who disagree with your train of thought so why no accept that with good grace.

No more from me on the matter as this is maybe a tad drifting away from the topic but your 1-10 posters post was somewhat provocative in my book. I am sure you expected a response and most certainly from me so I have not disappointed you in that respect.

[/quote]

The thread is about the way supporters support.   On here the moaners seem to think they are the only ones that are right.  Well, surprise surprise, there''s another side to the argument.   And to Purple who seems to think the truth has has to be black or white, if that''s the case - how can the colour grey exist?  [:^)]

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="nutty nigel"]Now all you need to do is place the posters into the categories where you think they belong and we''ll know where we stand. (with you). [;)][/quote]A rather pointless question Nutty as in my opinion Lakey has made his mind up. The simple answer is that you either agree with him or you don''t but if you do disagree be prepared to never hear the end of it. [:P][/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

The thread is about the way supporters support.   On here the moaners seem to think they are the only ones that are right.  Well, surprise surprise, there''s another side to the argument.  

And to Purple who seems to think the truth has has to be black or white, if that''s the case - how can the colour grey exist?  [:^)]

[/quote]

Purple, of course, is correct whereas you, Lakey, are still searching for a raison d''etre.

LDC,There is something that I dont understand about you. Every time you post, a number of familiar faces (coincidentally who usually post at the same time) appear to tell you that you are either boring, long winded, post too frequently or frankly mad. Furthermore, they claim that they dont care about your views. My question to you is ''if all of the above is correct'' why dont they simply ignore you. I am sure that they wouldnt want to think that there is some concerted effort to drive you off their board after all.

Louis, the point made above by Purple as a response regarding truth was absolutely correct. You, on the other hand, instead of offering an opinion on the point that was made, decide to lurch into another round of, "I''ll kiss you Lakey if you''ll kiss me back." Why is that?

Louis there has been a concerted effort to drive him off the board for sometime, that''s the problem really.

And then Louie could you tell us what name you used to post under or in fact the other name you post under at present..

Thanks in advance[Y]

It looks to me that every time LDC posts (love him or loathe him) he attracts the same 7/8 individuals who quite clearly are not interested in anything he has to say. That is some unique talent that you have LDC.

Yankee.  Give it up, mate.   I asked Purple a question. You barged in and didn''t even answer the question in your attempt to have a personal dig.

As for Louis, is he not entitled to air his opinions?   Apart from replying to nonsense posts I have attempted to keep this thread on track.  But as usual some - individually or not - don''t like that.  

Play the post, not the poster. 

"There is something that I dont understand about you. Every time you post, a number of familiar faces (coincidentally who usually post at the same time) appear to tell you that you are either boring, long winded, post too frequently or frankly mad. Furthermore, they claim that they dont care about your views. My question to you is ''if all of the above is correct'' why dont they simply ignore you. I am sure that they wouldnt want to think that there is some concerted effort to drive you off their board after all."

I read your blog by the way, it was a good read. Gave me a good chuckle, especially the whole thing about me and a handful of others (including ''citys1st'' whoever he is, some sort of advocate for rural depopulation?). Nice to see you had an offensive rant at morty too...

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

There you go Louis and winky... play the post not the poster. Take the advice of LDC...

[/quote]Every time you ask Louie or Winky their posting history, which you do with great regularity, are you playing the post or the poster?

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

There you go Louis and winky... play the post not the poster. Take the advice of LDC...

[/quote]

Every time you ask Louie or Winky their posting history, which you do with great regularity, are you playing the post or the poster?

[/quote]

Well it can''t be the poster because we don''t know who it is....

That sounds like a good piece of advice - perhaps LDC is some kind of sage.The trouble is, there is a crowd that is simply not interested what he has to say, but is very keen to follow him around. He seems to be a popular chap. Perhaps there is something in the Cumbrian air?

[quote user="lake district canary"]Yankee.  Give it up, mate.   I asked Purple a question. You barged in and didn''t even answer the question in your attempt to have a personal dig.

As for Louis, is he not entitled to air his opinions?   Apart from replying to nonsense posts I have attempted to keep this thread on track.  But as usual some - individually or not - don''t like that.  

Play the post, not the poster. 

[/quote]

Well, how about let''s be a little more specific....and play the point made....not the poster.

Lakey offers an opinion on where truth lies and the grey of it...

Purple points out that truth is right or wrong in matters of fact....

I offer an opinion by agreeing  with Purple.....

Louis and VanWink jump in to defend Lakey against all comers when no attack has been made.....

Lakey responds by playing victim again instead of sticking to the point regarding truth and accuses others of taking things off track.

Yankee,LDC clearly doesnt need defending as he seems to have a skin thicker than rhino hide. What fascinates me is how he seems to attract attention in teh same way that sharks are attracted to blood. I really cant see any convincing answer for this strange phenomenem, particularly as the sharks allege that they dont care what he has to say. Can Ia sk what you personal interest in following him around is? Do you have some kind of deficiency that only LDC can fulfill for you? Really, I am intrigued as I thought that you had a thing for Tangie. Does he know that you have divided loyalties?

Louis Cyphre wrote the following post at 04/09/2013 9:25 PM:

Just for you Nigel, all I will say is that I am older than the dawn of time.

Who killed the Kennedys?

Tumbleweed moment. !!!

Bye !!!!

[quote user="Louis Cyphre"]Yankee,

LDC clearly doesnt need defending as he seems to have a skin thicker than rhino hide. What fascinates me is how he seems to attract attention in teh same way that sharks are attracted to blood. I really cant see any convincing answer for this strange phenomenem, particularly as the sharks allege that they dont care what he has to say. Can Ia sk what you personal interest in following him around is? Do you have some kind of deficiency that only LDC can fulfill for you? Really, I am intrigued as I thought that you had a thing for Tangie. Does he know that you have divided loyalties?
[/quote]

It seems to me, Louis, that just earlier I asked you a similar question without any response from you. A point was being made and discussed which I thought was of interest. All of a sudden you appear in Lakey''s wake without even addressing the point being discussed but defending Lakey when a) no attack had been made on his Cumbrian self and b) even if there had been, by your own words he has skin thicker than a rhino hide."

So, I''ll ask you again, why is that?

[quote user="lake district canary"]I asked Purple a question.

[/quote]

I took it as a rhetorical demonstration of what is called a category error.