Sign in to follow this  
iron_stan

time to drop snodgrass

--- Lavanche: I probably would prefer us to drop 3 players, but then again I cant see us doing it, so dropping Snoddy would be a bit suicidal.

Snod has been rubbish all season, he needs a break. Elmander looked like a fish out of water yesterday too. Clearly not a natural attacking midfielder.

I would bring in Pilkington for the out of form Snodgrass, and maybe Wes or Howson to play in behind the striker. I also think Tettey deserves a start in place of Johnson who has also had a poor start to the season.

[quote user="unique"]Snodgrass has been ''found out''.

Any opposition with any nous will have done their homework on him. Stop him cutting inside, force him to go on the outside and stop him checking and crossing the ball in with his left foot. Mark him tightly, wind him up, and frustrate the hell out of him. Blow on him gently and he''ll even throw himself to the ground and take himself out of the game for twenty or thirty seconds.

He''ll end up berating the opposition, arguing with his team mates, and chuntering to the referee.....and become totally ineffective.

He will from time to time hit a decent freekick......but don''t hold your breath......[/quote]Exactly this. He takes the ball to the bye line, is unable to cross it with his right foot, turns back & then falls over.

I agree Snoddy needs a break, but putting Hoolahan and Howson in is certainly not the answer.

Ironically we needed a number 10 and I hoped we might be able to pick up Siggurdson on deadline day (if we had things might be different)

I would just put Pilks in for Snoddy and try to get the players to pass the ball.

The only players that we have that might be able to change things in that position would be Redmond or Hooper and as CH really didn''t try either in preseason Im not sure we will ever find out.

I agree that Snoddy need to be dropped, maybe the E.Bennett injury has got him thinking his place is safe even if he plays like cr4p. I would however drop him and put Redmond right side and Pilks left. 
For the next game I would also drop Garrido and put Olsson. Garrido is getting out paced and offers very little going forward, at least with Olsson you know he will offer something in the attacking 3rd as well as having the pace to get back plus he has a great engine and I feel this will be needed in the villa game since they are a good attacking team on the counter away from home.

[quote user="Chunky Norwich"]Or maybe it''s just time to start playing him on the left? So he can actually start crossing and playing the ball into the danger areas with the foot he actually uses? With regard to his ''poor'' set-plays he scored the most freekicks in the Premier League last season since Ronaldo.[/quote]

I wish people would stop harping on about LAST bloody season!! THIS season he has been awful!! Yesterday, as he told Pilks to ''f'' off, we sat saying ''into the wall again mate?'' Sure enough, he didn''t disappoint. EVERY BLOODY TIME FFS!! Hughton should ban him from taking them. And the refs have sussed out his diving, it''s embarrasing. It is definitely time for him to go. Redmond on the right, Pilks on the left next week.

One of the excuses often troted out for the huge playing staff that clubs have in the PL, is that "it''s a squad game....there is no such thing as a best XI "

So , surely what that means is that when a player is out of form/not performing, as is unquestionably the case with Snoddy at present, then should be the time to drop him from the starting 11 ? One of the points made during our lavish recruitment over the summer is that we now have two players for every position. I accept that the E Benno injury has not helped, but the likes of Pilks and Wes must wonder what they have to do to start .

[quote user="Scooby"][quote user="Chunky Norwich"]Or maybe it''s just time to start playing him on the left? So he can actually start crossing and playing the ball into the danger areas with the foot he actually uses? With regard to his ''poor'' set-plays he scored the most freekicks in the Premier League last season since Ronaldo.[/quote]

I wish people would stop harping on about LAST bloody season!! THIS season he has been awful!! Yesterday, as he told Pilks to ''f'' off, we sat saying ''into the wall again mate?'' Sure enough, he didn''t disappoint. EVERY BLOODY TIME FFS!! Hughton should ban him from taking them. And the refs have sussed out his diving, it''s embarrasing. It is definitely time for him to go. Redmond on the right, Pilks on the left next week.[/quote]Whilst I''m not arguing with your logic, I would point out that this season he has played 3 games and last season 30+.

[quote user="Bert sneakers"], far too many armchair managers on this forum.[/quote][:^)]

no.sh1t.sherlock.

he''s been less than average in every game so far. pilks on the left, redmond on the right, hooper and wolfie feeding off their service

Isn''t the whole point of this forum so that we CAN be armchair managers ?

Watching Snoddy at present reminds me of watching Rooney over large sections of this year. Clearly a good player, with bags of talent and application, but currently very low on confidence and ill-at-ease with the tactics he''s employed in.

Did Snodgrass dive as much when he was at Leeds, or is this something he''s started to do in the Premiership? Anyone see much of him at Leeds? His constant throwing himself to the ground is getting quite embarrassing to watch. I had no sympathy for him when he didnt get the decisions at Spurs. Is this something he has staerted to do because he finds it harder in the premiership than the championship, or was it always part of his game?

Snodgrass had a number of poor games last season but he scored a couple of goals that masked his otherwise disappointing performances.

He did of course though have some very good games. And he is a good player, just not on form at the moment.

As I''ve said on here a few times, he is prone to holding on to the ball too long or taking too many touches. He did that at Leeds too.

One of the best things about him though is that he keeps trying. If he messes something up he just gets back on the ball and tries again. I think I''d be inclined to keep him in the team for now.

I am a big Snoddy fan, but his diving is getting embarrassing. That is not the Norwich way. Irony is that in a lot of cases, he would be clear through if he stayed on his feet and much more likely to score.

Snodgrass needs to spend less time whining at the ref/linesman/opposition/anyone else within earshot and more time actually figuring out how to put a decent cross in. He came across as a whiny, petulant little kid against spurs, literally every time the camera cut to him he was complaining about something. He showed he has talent last season but so far this year he''s looked like the most over-rated player in the premiership. The Wolf needs to make more of an effort to create his own chances as well, not just hang around waiting for someone to float the ball across 3 inches in front of his forehead. The talent is there in this squad, but noone is pushing them hard enough.

Some years ago I wrote a post about the PL becoming football for tv. Reviewing that now I don''t think I was far off the mark. A passionate footballer probably is ugly to see on tv. Much of the soap opera surrounding the game is only seen on tv. Tv audiences have more financial impact than gate revenue anyway. I think how the game looks on tv is given far too much consideration by those who run the PL but you can understand why they do it.

Sorry to come off topic. To get back to Snodgrass I think he''s noticed because he''s brave and doesn''t hide and is trying to play his way through a bad patch of form. At this stage I wouldn''t drop him. he''s a match winner.