Sign in to follow this  
the bristol nest

Match Thread

There''s no point in debating starting line-ups on here anymore, because it''s surely obvious now to everyone thaat we could have Barcelona''s front 6 and we still wouldn''t score with Hughton as manager.

So, come on then, how many people still criticise our leading scorer last season for not scoring more.

It''s truly woeful to watch and I really do feel for the players as it must be even worse to play in.  Johnson probably did krap in training on purpose and maybe he swore at Hughton or something to make sure he didn''t even make the bench!

After a fair shot, if a player is not deemed good enough for a team he will be sold. Personally, I don''t see how this is any different to haughtiness now. People may say he purchased well; granted. Anyone with a decent scouting network or general football knowledge can find a good player though. Demonstrated is summer.

Our players don''t seem able to get motivated by the guy. We''ve fluffed our chance of getting points on the board in arguably the easiest fixture period of our season. Now it gets very difficult. I don''t care how much of a nice guy CH is. Fact of the matter is he isn''t suitable any more.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]We went for it today, played Attacking Football like everyone asked and Lost.... so what do they think now?[/quote]

Did we?

Villa played quick, incisive attacking football.

We played Snodgrass, Snodgrass, Snodgrass, slow, back, side, slow, slow, back, back, side, hopeful cross, Guzan catches.

Is that attacking?[:^)]

Results like this make me sick! Time and time again the same recurring problem.Can''t finish in the final third. Apart from the 10 game unbeaten run, what else have we done? That was a long time ago and it appears to be a fluke as we can''t seem to string 5 passes together let alone winning a few games in a row! It really does make me wonder what our players do in training week in week out?! If someone would care to answer that question I would genuinely love to know.

Positives from today seemed to be that we did have a more attacking side and dominated possession. Garrido didn''t get torn apart like I thought he would and Hughton decided to make changes on the hour.

For how much longer can Hughton get away with this though? In the pre-match report Lambert was saying we can go there and win. That is the attitude of a winner. When was the last time our manager sent us to an away game with that attitude? Never. I like Chris Hughton and I think he can be a good manager, but I question his passion for the game and his poor decision making. The players he brought in granted are fantastic, but why change the squad if you don''t change your ways? I hope we can get a result next week otherwise I think my patience would''ve finally ran out for the man.

Typical rub of the green match. Went Villas way for 95minutes. The ball always seemed to rebound directly to a villa player all over the park. It''s sickening to watch but be rest assured Villa were extremely lucky today and that result falattered them. Norwich helped their cause; extremely poor crossing (pretty much catching practice for Guzan) and constantly misplacing that crucial final ball. And dont forget the four horrie misses:

• Snodgrass''s poor penaly
  • Rickys bizzare chest effort
  • Bennett''s free header from three yards out
  • Hooper''s mess of a tap in at the end

Just seems we cant buy a goal at the moment.

Hughton needs a result at Stoke, seems the fans are finally losing faith.

Pretty-much agree with much of that, Canary Fan - we definitely didn''t seem to get the run of the ball with deflections and suchlike, nor ref decisions, other than the pen - there were at least 3 fouls on Elmander not given/given wrongly.

I thought we played well generally, just that final third with most ''proper'' crosses just being too poor.