Sign in to follow this  
Bws Cat

Norwich- A club against homophobia

Herman wrote the following post at 16/09/2013 9:41 PM:

Right Behind Gay Footballers campaign. Unfortunate or deliberate?

A PR firm was probably slipped a nice big wad to come up with that little beauty.

Ginja wrote

"Whom you date, marry or have sex with is a choice. Whom you are attracted to isn''t. To suggest that they are wrong is logically impossible because if you are attracted to the same sex then being gay is RIGHT! "

Your Diversity course has not equipped you particularly well here Ginja, I would give up if I was you!

Percy, all I''m trying to point out is how ridiculous it is to preach that homosexuality is right because gay people can''t help being attracted to people of the same sex, yet as soon as paedophiles are mentioned, you know, people who can''t help finding kids attractive it is treated (rightly) as being repulsive.

I''m just trying to show that THAT argument is flawed. Using paedophiles is perhaps extreme, but that was the point. Just because people "cant help that they''re attracted to.." does NOT make it right or, as Ginja has demonstrated, make it morally or socially acceptable.

[quote user="Vanwink"]Perhaps you should be looking on the " consenting adults " page Ginja[/quote]

???

Sorry Ginja, I obviously didn''t make myself clear, the point I was making rather obtusely was that your argument would be better supported by reference to a relationship between two consenting adults as being RIGHT, rather than the argument that lead to the the comments about paedophilia

[quote user="Wiz"]

If you insult a gay or black guy you can be, quite rightly, done for it.

However, despite toothless laws the disabled people of GB have no such protection..........just saying.[^o)]

[/quote]On the bright side, you don''t get benefits for being black or homosexual.

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Wiz"]

However, despite toothless laws the disabled people of GB have no such protection..........just saying.[^o)]

[/quote]On the bright side, you don''t get benefits for being black or homosexual.[/quote]

They might be getting a pink badge so that they can park outside Lollards....

Allegedly....

[quote user="Vanwink"]Sorry Ginja, I obviously didn''t make myself clear, the point I was making rather obtusely was that your argument would be better supported by reference to a relationship between two consenting adults as being RIGHT, rather than the argument that lead to the the comments about paedophilia[/quote]
No worries, yes I think you''re right, I''m just a bit stunned at Warren logic, I really don''t know what to say anymore...

[quote user="nutty professor nigel"]

Ginja.. I''m intrigued buddy.. are you really at UEA?

[/quote]
Not since 2007, just never bothered to change the avatar

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Wiz"]

[/quote]On the bright side, you don''t get benefits for being black or homosexual.[/quote]Nor do you get specially adapted radios that have subtitles

[quote user="nutty professor nigel"]

Well warren''s logic makes sense where as your didn''t. The fact you can''t see that worries me.

[/quote]
Comparing homosexuality with pedophilia makes sense to you?
Jeez... I knew I should have left this thread ages ago and I''m going to walk away before this gets messy.
Goodnight people o/

[quote user="Ginja"][quote user="nutty professor nigel"]

Well warren''s logic makes sense where as your didn''t. The fact you can''t see that worries me.

[/quote]
Comparing homosexuality with pedophilia makes sense to you?
Jeez... I knew I should have left this thread ages ago and I''m going to walk away before this gets messy.
Goodnight people o/

[/quote]

No it doesn''t. But you were excusing paedophilia all Warren did was point that out.

Did you actually have a contribution to make Louis or did you only pop along to continue with whatever agenda it is you seem to have?

Are you really into insects? Is your partner a louse? Do you live under a stone? Perhaps a few stone too many?

[quote user="Louis Cyphre"]Nige,You and Warren unerringly seem to think alike on so many issues. Your not fellow entomologists are you?[/quote]just as you have an unerring ability to write your instead of you''rejust as vinwa nk doeshmmmm

I am perfectly tolerant of other human beings private preferences and I fully support any stance to de-stigmatise sexuality in football.

City 1st,Everyone has their failings. One of mine is that is my brain and typing fingers are not synchronised and that I am too lazy to spell check before I press send. But rest assured, I can spell.

[quote user="Louis Cyphre"]Nige,You and Warren unerringly seem to think alike on so many issues. Your not fellow entomologists are you?[/quote]

Really!?!? I wish I knew what those were...

I think you''re unerringly alike a whole host of posters very few of which you ever see on here at the same time.

BTW .. your tolerance in commendable but well dodgy [:S]

I see you''ve got that old picture of you from your school days out dad...

I always thought that you were too ashamed for it to be shown in public, so it was odd seeing it as your avatar.

Nige,Being a clever professor and all, you really should google  and work it out.As for tolerance, once it becomes open season on gay people, what next, skin colour, religion, people with the wrong political views, the elderly, the consistently stupid! I think tolerance for all humans that are not seeking to impose their values on everyone else is truly commendable and really cant undertsand why anyone of any intelligence would think otherwise, but well done for clarifying your position. If the club are supporting this initiative then it should also be commended.

[quote user="Louis Cyphre"]I am perfectly tolerant of other human beings private preferences and I fully support any stance to de-stigmatise sexuality in football.[/quote]

it is not spelling that is the error or clue

as well you know

Louis.. that''s not what you said the first time but even now I think it''s dodgy[:S]

But they''re your own private thoughts so as long as it stays that way I''ll remain tolerant.

good evening BW

did you misss the fun last night ?

poor old Pinkun Role Player has done a moonlight flit, as has his alter ego Schlong Connery

[quote user="Bws Cat "]I see you''ve got that old picture of you from your school days out dad...

I always thought that you were too ashamed for it to be shown in public, so it was odd seeing it as your avatar.[/quote]

Thing is son, I''m proud to display my real title and that picture goes rather well don''t you think? If others could make something of their lives they could proudly display such titles and trappings on here too.