Just read on skysports that Hibs are ready to listen to offers for Derek Riordan as his contract is up next summer and they don''t want him buggering off for nowt like Ian Murray.

I say go for him. I reckon we''d pick him up for £500k. He''s a proven goal scorer, and works well on the right of midfield, as well as an out and out striker. He''s young, he''s got talent, and he''s a damn sight better than someone like Ifill. He''d be a ready made replacement for both McKenzie or Bentley/Jonson.

I''ve always liked this kid. He''d be a great signing. Especially for the money we could snap him up on. Maybe even offer WLU in part exchange.

They were talking of us going for him last summer - to be honest I wouldn''t be suprised if he went to some lower Prem club.Then again first team football(and likely Prem football in ayear''s time) may appeal to him more.He seems an ideal target,well within price range, WILL add something to our team

Go get him Nige

[quote]They were talking of us going for him last summer - to be honest I wouldn''t be suprised if he went to some lower Prem club.Then again first team football(and likely Prem football in ayear''s time) may ...[/quote]

Exactly Archie.  We don''t stand a chance.  Rangers and Celtic are both interested and so would a host of Prem clubs

I know nothing about the players really, you guys seem to say he''s good but could somebody please please explain to me why we need another striker at this moment???

"He''s a proven goal scorer, and works well on the right of midfield, as well as an out and out striker."  Not having a go at you Walrus but do really need another striker playing in midfield? 

We need a midfield!  We have to my mind (assuming Francis is leaving) only Safri and Holt as recognised midfielders and a host of other players who can "Do a job there". 

Exactly. McFadden should have had a year in the 1st Division to aclimatise himself to English football. Going straight into the Premiership may well work against Riordan. Hopefully he''ll look at McFadden and take the Dean Ashton route, which we all know, is the best route.

would be a great signing, but i doubt he would sign for a championship side.......

again thou, would dearly love him down our right-flank

[quote]would be a great signing, but i doubt he would sign for a championship side....... again thou, would dearly love him down our right-flank[/quote]

Why would you dearly love him down the right-flank?  He is a striker, we have enough of them in midfield as it is.