Sign in to follow this  
Canary & Linnet

Fizzy Championship Div 1!

Help, as an old fogy, I''m getting confused with what division we are supposed to be in, it was bad enough last season, with the old, old Division 1.

Can I plead with fellow posters for a bit of continuity on this when posting.

Maybe a vote as to how we will refer to what level we are actually playing in?

division one sounds best but it no longer exist

its either fizzy league, or champ

both meaning one league below the premiership!

[quote]The Coca-Cola Football League Championship[/quote]

I refuse Stephen, to give that disgusting beverage a free plug every time I write on these boards.

For me, its either the fizzy pop league, or the Micky Mouse Division 1, sorry my friend.  

I thought I was asking for too much, to get any sort of agreement, the only thing we seem to share is our support of the Canaries, but then different viewpoints is what makes these boards interesting!

to be honest, i quite like the new naming system - its grown on me!
its brought the football league forward and coca-cola have given it more publicity, made it more modern and stylish and this can only be a positive thing.
the football league is independant of the premier league so why shouldn''t they call thier top division the championship?
im only young, so it hasn''t been hard letting go of division 1, but i can understand if you''ve been used to division 1 for 30+ years then the new names might not seem very good to you...

.....besides, i like coke

[quote]to be honest, i quite like the new naming system - its grown on me! its brought the football league forward and coca-cola have given it more publicity, made it more modern and stylish and this can onl...[/quote]

IMO: Coke is only good for cleaning old coins (try it Stephen). Its Division 1, always will be, despite the fancy title.

Still it could have been worse, it could have been called the Sarsons Malt Vinegar Championship.

Anyone got any alternative names for this division?.

Why not highlight the pretentious use of French and call our league the "Deuxieme division"?

I''ve heard people talking about tier one, tier two etc. which at least keeps the whole thing in perspective.

The entire system of league classification is crap. In my opinion there was nothing wrong with Divisions 1, 2, 3 and 4. At least then when discussing teams in the various divisions everybody knew which league you were talking about. Now I find Im having to think hard to remember which division a particular team is in. Having done that, you wonder if the person you''re talking to can relate to what you mean.

I refuse to use the C-word! It sounds ridiculous. It causes all sorts of problems. Sunderland are the Championship champions?! Chelsea won the championship... not the Championship championship but the premiership championship. What?!?! AAAAH!!