Sign in to follow this  
Oswald Cobblepot

Van Wolfwinkel's final two goals for Sporting (Highlights)

My view is that we need to be cautious because if we sell Holt and bring in Hooper we are dumping one proven Prem striker for two unknowns which may or may not work out. Keeping Holt will at least give us some ''insurance'' and the time to allow the new guy/s to bed in. 

You begin to build an attacking team around this European starlet.

Holty has not done enough to carry our team this season upfront, as an attacking group we are now in a different league with the quality of rvw.

We build a team around him, two new wingers an attacking midfielder, with possibly another for cover or Howson and Surman is ideal for next season.

Rvw has eluded to areas where we need quality, we need to add class to allow this starlet to be that. He is a headline writer already and other clubs were keen to take him. We have to give him the platform to become that headline writer.

ha! Fran I just realised who the OP was.. Hows things? Congrats on the engagement you soppy sod!

Obviously if this is not the person i think it is then please ignore and continue with the RVW loving!

[quote user="paul moy"]My view is that we need to be cautious because if we sell Holt and bring in Hooper we are dumping one proven Prem striker for two unknowns which may or may not work out. Keeping Holt will at least give us some ''insurance'' and the time to allow the new guy/s to bed in.  [/quote]How would you feel if we signed Messi and Ibrahimovic?After all both are unproven in the Premier League

Don''t be silly CD, if i were Man U, i''d be worried with just them two anyway. Look at Shevchenko at Chelsea, there''s no guarantee of success.

I''d welcome Hooper and RVW, but i do hope we keep Holt, as we know he''ll put a shift in and ruffle a few feathers and score goals. We''d be stupid to let him go so easily when we don''t know how either RVW or Hooper would adapt to life here.

It is all opinion Ron, but I take comfort from Hughtons record at bringing in good players,I am confident that he will be a good striker for us. My fear is that so many seem to have such very high expectations for the guy, and we don''t have a good track record of being very patient as fans, that we may be expecting too much too soon.

RVW has just got a call up for the Dutch national side''s upcoming trip to Indonesia, according to Paddy D on Twitter...

Can''t wait to see him in the Yellow and Green.

[quote user="Alex "]RVW has just got a call up for the Dutch national side''s upcoming trip to Indonesia, according to Paddy D on Twitter... Can''t wait to see him in the Yellow and Green.[/quote]

That Dutch team is a bit experimental - quite a few players getting thier first chance at some Holland experience, but good to see RvW has been noted as deserving a place none the less.

Wonder how happy RvW is to go play in Jakarta in June though - usually around 80% humidity this time a year there.

The thing is, Bethnal, I (and many of us I guess) had only just breathed a sigh of relief that RVW had come though to the end of the season unscathed at Sporting! Fingers crossed for an injury free trip, we want him fresh for pre season!.