Sign in to follow this  
priceyrice

Is it Hooper or RVW?

So Kei on loan and what appears to be Becchio coming in with us also taking a million as part of the deal.

This obviously means we have the majority of our transfer/wage budget left, which to me indicates that we are definitely signing Hooper or RVW, and perhaps Davies if a couple of players leave.

I just hope this shuts the doom-mongers up

Neither will be coming to Carrow road. Hooper doesn''t want to, and RVW is at this time difficult because of third party ownership and PL rules and the amount that Lisbon require in line with ownership rights.

[quote user="Mervmeister"]My moneys also on Hooper. Gut feeling.[/quote]Save your money. He won''t be going anywhere before tomorrow night. He''ll start for us at home to Kilmarnock tonight, incidentally.

[quote user="Yellowbeagle"]I hope your right but it sounds abit like putting 2 + 2 together and comming up with 8.[/quote]

Perhaps, if the assumption is correct though, it would have been a very good transfer window for us; DM and the manager must be congratulated!

I would prefer RVW personally, just think he''s out of our price range - i imagine that deal will come down to whether another club is willing to stump up a bit more than us, and that doesn''t appear likely at the moment

[quote user="IrishCelt67"][quote user="Mervmeister"]My moneys also on Hooper. Gut feeling.[/quote]

Save your money. He won''t be going anywhere before tomorrow night.

He''ll start for us at home to Kilmarnock tonight, incidentally.
[/quote]

I think your most likely right, but you never know in football. Also for money this would have been the best time to sell him from your side in terms of the fee you''ll get. In the summer Celtic will want to shift him as give it another 6 months and he can sign a precontract.

Wonderinf if there are genuine backup options or maybe someone they would like more so even?

Not everybplayer we are interested in will make the media. Just wonder if there could be a complete suprise. Would still like charlie austin personally.

[quote user="Yellowbeagle"]

[quote user="IrishCelt67"][quote user="Mervmeister"]My moneys also on Hooper. Gut feeling.[/quote]Save your money. He won''t be going anywhere before tomorrow night. He''ll start for us at home to Kilmarnock tonight, incidentally.[/quote]

I think your most likely right, but you never know in football. Also for money this would have been the best time to sell him from your side in terms of the fee you''ll get. In the summer Celtic will want to shift him as give it another 6 months and he can sign a precontract.

[/quote]I get the feeling he will move in the summer. This might have been the time to sell for money if we''d had a decent offer. Putting in a bid of £5m and then a second bid of ''nowhere near £6m'' was never going to work. That is not a good fee for a guy who scores goals in European football and is on the verge of an England call-up. We''ll get £5m in the summer, easily. If you''d offered £8-9m off the bat, it might well have gone through. The other side of it is, Hooper''s changing agents and his current agent''s contract is up shortly. This is his last chance to get a percentage, which leads me to think he''s unsettled the player. It''s not beyond reason that he will sign a new contract at Celtic before the season is out.

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]Graham ;-)[/quote]
A distinct possibility, one I most certainly wouldn''t be apposed to! If anything, he''d be my first choice! 

[quote user="IrishCelt67"][quote user="Yellowbeagle"]

[quote user="IrishCelt67"][quote user="Mervmeister"]My moneys also on Hooper. Gut feeling.[/quote]

Save your money. He won''t be going anywhere before tomorrow night.

He''ll start for us at home to Kilmarnock tonight, incidentally.
[/quote]

[/quote]

I get the feeling he will move in the summer. This might have been the time to sell for money if we''d had a decent offer. Putting in a bid of £5m and then a second bid of ''nowhere near £6m'' was never going to work. That is not a good fee for a guy who scores goals in European football and is on the verge of an England call-up. We''ll get £5m in the summer, easily.

If you''d offered £8-9m off the bat, it might well have gone through.

The other side of it is, Hooper''s changing agents and his current agent''s contract is up shortly. This is his last chance to get a percentage, which leads me to think he''s unsettled the player. It''s not beyond reason that he will sign a new contract at Celtic before the season is out.
[/quote]

He might well sign a new contract no one knows but it looks unlikely, a new agent could work in favour of celtic but also they could say stick it out another six months (especially if he gets an England callup) and we get a bumper pay packet instead of that money going to Celtic, robbing sods i know but thats how they often work.

The summer will be interesting to see what happens and what he goes for, but without doubt Celtic will hold less cards and the agent, player and buying clubs will hold more. We''ve seen with Arsenal in the last few years what a fiasco happens when you let players run their contracts down.

I can''t see Hooper coming here. Firstly Celtic don''t want to sell and they don''t have to, secondly we aren''t prepared to pay the inflated prices, I don''t think we are anyway. We shall see.

Graham is more likely going to go to Sunderland than us.

I think the signings will be Kamara, Becchio, possibly Curtis Davies and Bridcutt but the last 2 are last minute deals. I haven''t heard whether Morison is in a swap with Becchio at all. Jackson might be sold so if that is the case I can''t see us selling Morison aswell.

Graham was booed by Sunderland fans last night. Sounds like they don''t want him. Don''t think we''ll get Hooper because Lennon says another bid will be rejected. I''d rather have the Dutchman.

If it was "Kamara, Becchio...Curtis Davies and Bridcutt" I would be very happy indeed. The Hooper and VW deals were always going to be difficult, but Kamara and Becchio would mean a stronger attack and Davies and Bridcutt would strengthen the midfield and defence as well. Wait and see, I guess.

[quote user="Yellowbeagle"][quote user="IrishCelt67"][quote user="Yellowbeagle"]

[quote user="IrishCelt67"][quote user="Mervmeister"]My moneys also on Hooper. Gut feeling.[/quote]Save your money. He won''t be going anywhere before tomorrow night. He''ll start for us at home to Kilmarnock tonight, incidentally.[/quote]

[/quote]I get the feeling he will move in the summer. This might have been the time to sell for money if we''d had a decent offer. Putting in a bid of £5m and then a second bid of ''nowhere near £6m'' was never going to work. That is not a good fee for a guy who scores goals in European football and is on the verge of an England call-up. We''ll get £5m in the summer, easily. If you''d offered £8-9m off the bat, it might well have gone through. The other side of it is, Hooper''s changing agents and his current agent''s contract is up shortly. This is his last chance to get a percentage, which leads me to think he''s unsettled the player. It''s not beyond reason that he will sign a new contract at Celtic before the season is out.[/quote]

He might well sign a new contract no one knows but it looks unlikely, a new agent could work in favour of celtic but also they could say stick it out another six months (especially if he gets an England callup) and we get a bumper pay packet instead of that money going to Celtic, robbing sods i know but thats how they often work.

The summer will be interesting to see what happens and what he goes for, but without doubt Celtic will hold less cards and the agent, player and buying clubs will hold more. We''ve seen with Arsenal in the last few years what a fiasco happens when you let players run their contracts down.

[/quote]That''s all true, my friend. I get the feeling the Norwich thing is an attempt by Hooper''s people to smoke out other EPL interest, to be honest. Celtic certainly didn''t leak the £5m fee and I doubt Norwich did. Some people were talking about Celtic wanting a bidding war but Celtic don''t want him to go at all. The ideal for us would be him signing a new contract. I think his people have been very busy in the last month. As for his contract running down, 6 months is a long time in football. We''ll have to see where we are with him in the summer.