Sign in to follow this  
Johnny_Bravo

James Nursey...just saying.

@JamesNursey: #NCFC known for while Danny Graham wants to go to north east hence focus on Hooper. Won''t bid until\if hooper definitely wants to come tho

Don''t shoot the messenger. Are all our eggs in the Hooper basket?

[quote user="shefcanary"]well BYG, if anyone knows how this hack thing works you should!  [;)] What''s your take though?[/quote]

To be honest, I haven''t got a clue what is going on (as I suspect is the same with many, many jurnos who claim they do).

The only facts we know are Norwich want a striker and Hughton watched Celtic play - this would suggest an interest in Hooper and it is fairly serious - I doubt Hughton would have travelled all the way if Norwich weren''t pretty sure he is the man they want. Anything beyond this is guesswork. Talk of player wages or potential transfer fees are nearly always well wide of the mark.

Arsene Wenger made a very salient point in his press conference today (he usually does) - ''Transfer prices tend to go down in the last week of the window and 90% of business is done then if not in the last 48 hours''. I am confident any business Norwich carry out will be done in the last week of the window at the earliest, and very likely in the last couple of days.

[quote user="The Pinkun Role Model"]It''s drip fed through agents etc. The journos fill in the blanks with a bit of creative thinking.[/quote]

This is a myth, very few jurnos have good contacts with agents - and even fewer jurnos will believe anything an agent tells them.

Many ''leaks'' come from the top level of clubs, either CEOs, some managers or the director of football type people. But obviously it is the players themselves who leak most of the information.

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]

[quote user="The Pinkun Role Model"]It''s drip fed through agents etc. The journos fill in the blanks with a bit of creative thinking.[/quote]

This is a myth, very few jurnos have good contacts with agents - and even fewer jurnos will believe anything an agent tells them.

Many ''leaks'' come from the top level of clubs, either CEOs, some managers or the director of football type people. But obviously it is the players themselves who leak most of the information.

[/quote]

For example it was obvious that Waghorn used to have contacts at Carrow Road, when he was with Archant and then when he set up his own site. From memory he was the first to get wind of Roeder being the choice to succeed Grant. But - based on the lack of exclusive news over the last few years - whatever contacts he had disappeared with the arrival of the new executive management.

Everything you''ve said, Bethnal, is what I have been saying for a while. Nice to be backed up by someone who actually knows what they''re talking about.

From CMS to Hooper, most of it is just BS. And there is no reason to panic and whinge like children just because we haven''t signed anybody yet.

Even so, people on here believe wholeheartedly that CMS is our primary target. And they believe it because they think our club lacks both ambition and competence. Utter twoddle.

Personally, I think that when the window closes, and we have not signed CMS... because we were not interested in him, that Highland Canary should present himself before the Snakepit, bend over and kiss his own arse- Braveheart style. That guy really gets on my nerves.

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]

[/quote]

Come on I did say ''etc''. ;¬)