Sign in to follow this  
York Canary

John Ruddy injury

Hmm that''s not good. By the time he is match sharp the season will be all but over. Don''t think we will see much of him, if at all, before next season.

Such a shame as his form had been excellent, and was really deveoping into an absolutely top class keeper.

Gutted when I read that - thought he was going to be back in March :(heres the url from bbc http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21078118?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Definitely sounds like he''s out for the rest of the season. Pretty much explains those rumours that we were looking at another keeper!

TBH he did say that he aims to be back for the start of April and he''ll be in full training by end of March at the International Break so it''s very possible he''ll have 6 games or so..

That is grim. Shows just how much stress he puts on his body launching those long balls forward.Hope we can keep Ruddy when the inevitable bids for him come in during the summer transfer window. Top bloke.

Hughton''s ultra caution that he is often criticised for has been invaluable in this case.

Lambert would not have signed another keeper (he relied on young Rudd last season as back-up) and we could be looking to trouble by now.

This is no criticism of Rudd, a very fine prospect, but Bunn''s experience has been invaluable at times.

I am not oer-convinced by Bunn, but he''ll have to do for now. He is a confident ''keeper it seems and this is good for any defence. He is also an excellent shot stopper.

Well done Hughton! 

As it appears to be April, with Ruddy now seemingly written off for the season, I think we need a new keeper to compete with Bunn. Off the top of my head, Craig Gordon possibly? On a deal until the end of the season, with an oppertunity to revitalise a once promising career. As badly awry as his career gone, last chance saloon could elicit the elements that once made him subject to Britain''s highest goalkeeping transfer fee.Hindsight ever the bane of ones life, to think i, along with so many others, questioned Hughton when he brought in Bunn; as much as i think Jed Steer could compete at this level.

He will do we''ll so long as he puts his feet back on the ground and keeps them there, apart from when he''s in goals of course.