Sign in to follow this  
ncfc4lyf1

Hooper and Lennon

I can only guess that we will get Hooper, but those quotes look very worrying via Celtic''s point of view. With him talking to hooper''s agent all morning, it looks as if he may want to leave, due to lengthy discussions. Next we can probably expect a transfer request, and I think he will join by Thursday. If not him, then graham will do. Whatever happens, we will buy someone before Luton match.

Agreed

I think hooper is definitely looking at the bigger picture, ok he''ll miss out on the champs league this season but he obviously thinks he can further his career with Norwich

I think 5 mil is a bit steep but we''ll have to see

[quote user="refjezdavies"]Agreed

I think hooper is definitely looking at the bigger picture, ok he''ll miss out on the champs league this season but he obviously thinks he can further his career with Norwich

I think 5 mil is a bit steep but we''ll have to see[/quote]Looks like we might be looking at nearer £8m to get him. The £5/6m bid we put in (depends on different reports, probably due to add-ons) was "way under valuation" according to Celtic

I imagine that someone at Carrow Road may have "accidentally" copied Charlie Wyett into an email regarding Hooper. By making it public knowledge may help to unsettle the player - hence the agent talks - and force the move. Another McNally masterstroke?

I''d certainly be happy with either or both of Hooper and Graham, I guess the only downside of the latter is that he''d be cup-tied. We may yet get neither, but clearly have some ''buying power'' which is great to see.

Hmmm. I am not convinced our offer for him was anywhere near £5million.

Some reports have the offer as more like £2million - which I can understand them knocking back. He is probably worth more like £3-4million.

But then if that is the case it may well be a deliberate bellow the belt punch. Go in with £2million, at the very least the player will know that a team wants him, at the most Celtic bite and accept which is unlikely but still - all with the idea that the next bid will be when the player has been a bit more vocal about leaving perhaps?

We obviously have cash to spend, god knows where its all coming from, but I expect us to agree a fee with either club by Monday, with player talks etc to be completed by possibly Wednesday, meaning the signing is completed before Luton.

[quote user="chicken"]Hmmm. I am not convinced our offer for him was anywhere near £5million.

Some reports have the offer as more like £2million - which I can understand them knocking back. He is probably worth more like £3-4million.

But then if that is the case it may well be a deliberate bellow the belt punch. Go in with £2million, at the very least the player will know that a team wants him, at the most Celtic bite and accept which is unlikely but still - all with the idea that the next bid will be when the player has been a bit more vocal about leaving perhaps?[/quote]Isn''t that what Wet Spam did with Holt? Didn''t work then (thank god!).

[quote user="ncfc4lyf1"]We obviously have cash to spend, god knows where its all coming from, but I expect us to agree a fee with either club by Monday, with player talks etc to be completed by possibly Wednesday, meaning the signing is completed before Luton.[/quote]

If we sign Graham he will be cup tied as he played against Arsenal.

They''ve been reporting that Sunderland bid £4m for him so I''d assume we would bid the same. Then I reckon about £3/4m for Hooper to get things started..

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

[quote user="ncfc4lyf1"]We obviously have cash to spend, god knows where its all coming from, but I expect us to agree a fee with either club by Monday, with player talks etc to be completed by possibly Wednesday, meaning the signing is completed before Luton.[/quote]

If we sign Graham he will be cup tied as he played against Arsenal.

[/quote]

He scored the equaliser in the first tie!!!!