Sign in to follow this  
Pabs

Next 6 league games - massive.

Just looking at the next 6 league fixtures, they look absolutely vital...

Obviously, every game is big but the next 6 will leave us with 9 games remaining - depending on our results we could either be in a huge relegation dogfight ( and low on confidence) or pushing towards the magic 40 points mark.

I think now is the time to spend some money, for me there is no risk - fail and we sell them again in summer. Win, and we get 70 million!!! No brainier.

Tottenham at home - we have a good record against Spurs, but they have been excellent away under AVB. Would be delighted with a point, but with our poor confidence I see a defeat.

QPR away - they have picked up recently and doing well under redknapp. Vital we don''t lose, and although we doubled them last season a point would be ok.

Fulham at home - must win, simple as.

Everton at home - a good team, Everton, but we tend to do okay against them. A point would be ok, but if we bet Fulham and are confident we could nick all 3 again.

Man utd away - defeat (realistically)

Southampton home - hoping the ridiculous decision to sack Adkins will backfire, another must win in our quest...

So, over these 6 games I think we should be aiming for at least 8 points (2 win, 2 draw, 2 defeat)

That would leave us on 34 points after 29 games and some winnable games left, with a little confidence left - and hopefully a new signing or two to give the lads a boost!

OTBC.

QPR will beat us comfortably.

Fulham is a must win. Many similarities to Newcastle, poor form and player disquiet to name but two. But look at the disaster of the Newcastle game. A point where with a little more guile, belief and positivity a win was there for the taking. Let''s hope Hughton has learnt lessons from this match.

But without help in the transfer window we''re not going to score enough goals to stay up.

[quote user="Highland Canary"]QPR will beat us comfortably.

Fulham is a must win. Many similarities to Newcastle, poor form and player disquiet to name but two. But look at the disaster of the Newcastle game. A point where with a little more guile, belief and positivity a win was there for the taking. Let''s hope Hughton has learnt lessons from this match.

But without help in the transfer window we''re not going to score enough goals to stay up.[/quote]

Sorry, but why will QPR beat us comfortably? Answer that and I''ll feel more inclined to read the rest of your post.

the next 6 games are always massive; its nearly a 6th of a season. One point from those and it will be squeaky bum time and I dread to think how the level of pandemonium on here can intensify that much...

we wont get anything from spurs, not a hope in hell. what planet are you lot living on

and because of that a draw at qpr after 1 point from 21 would be a good result

Looking at our remaining 7 away games I don''t see more than 2 points:

QPR draw

Man U defeat

Sunderland defeat

Wigan draw

Arsenal defeat

Stoke defeat

Man City defeat

Even those two draws are losable and I''m not being negative here. If I was a fan of the home teams in these fixtures I''d be looking at them as very winnable games.

For our remaining 8 home games I can see us getting 12 poInts:

Spurs defeat but possible draw

Fulham win

Everton draw

Southampton win

Swansea defeat

Reading draw

Villa win possible draw

WBA draw

That''s 12-14 points giving a total of 38-40 points and I believe that that range of points will keep us up. So let''s keep the faith.

Good game, good game.

Nothing is as predictable, especially our fate at Loftus Road.

Points come out of nowhere and we drop some we feel we shouldn''t. Teams have good runs and bad runs so who can possibly predict the form they will be in when we meet them?

One thing is for sure though, that run in is not too bad and I''ll bet many of the teams below us have harder ones. Apparently Villa had it softer earlier on whilst it was the opposite for Southampton. I think this is yet to even out considering home/away balance. We have a few tough ones, but not as many as some of our underlings I should guess.