Sign in to follow this  
I am a Banana

£15m for Hooper!!

This is the cost of bringing him to Carrow Road! Way to much in my opinion!

£8 transfer fee. (upfront or paid over x amount of years)

£30,000 a week wages on a 3.5 year deal...£5.4m.

Agent Fees, and all other costs, solicitors etc...£1.5m.

Ok so it would be spread over this season and up to an including the 2015/2016 season! But still seems far to much, for a club like Norwich who are not 100% certain to be playing Prem football next season, to be spending!

[quote user="I am a Banana"]

£8m transfer fee. (upfront or paid over x amount of years)

Ok so it would be spread over this season and up to an including the 2015/2016 season! But still seems far to much, for a club like Norwich who are not 100% certain to be playing Prem football next season, to be spending!

[/quote]

Ignoring your assumed figures, let me put it slightly differently.Staying up is worth between £60-70m to the club.Would you invest £10m if you felt it would help guarantee £60-70m in return?

For god sake!! We here people moaning about lack of ambition. Now your moaning about this!! Can the club do no right? Maybe we should sign marlon king to keep you happy then?

Pales into insignificance if his goals keep us in the prem for the length of the contract, plus if he does well i''m sure we will make money on him.

Goal scorers cost money, we paid 3.5m for Ashton and Earnshaw, what 7 years ago, neither with a good premier leauge record, there is so much more money in this league than then, soon to get even more, we need to stay up this season.

If we go down then we have a rip roaring striker that tore up that league with Bloody scunthorpe, and we have a salable asset because he is such a good age.

£8 transfer fee. (upfront or paid over x amount of years)

[/quote]

And if he scores 30 premiership goals in the next two years and we sell him for £15million we will have guranteed our premier league status and made a very tidy profit. Any way according to your logic how much would Austin cost us over the same period? The player you keep mentoning as our saviour. Not alot of difference I''m sure.

The £15mil figure is almost as big as your assumption that this is what the figure would be, dude. Still, you gotta put the money in to reap the rewards!

Banana do u know anything about football???

The parachute payments are now fantastic for a period of 3 years.

So if we go down we will have the money and squad to bounce straight back.

Ffs think before u hit the keys!!!!

Nothing in life is a certainty apart from we are all going to due one day!!!

[quote user="I am a Banana"]We can sign hooper for £15m (all in) and still go down, then where does the money come from?[/quote]How likely do you think we are to go down this season?

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="I am a Banana"]We can sign hooper for £15m (all in) and still go down, then where does the money come from?[/quote]

How likely do you think we are to go down this season?

[/quote]

On recent form...highly likely.

If we aren''t going to go down, why spend all the money on Hooper now when he is going to be at an inflated price?

[quote user="city-till-i-die"]Pay championship wages and transfer fees u play in the championship!!! WELCOME TO THE BIG LEAGUE SON!!![/quote]

Pay Championship fees, play in the championship ... really?

Holt 400k

Fox 50k

Ruddy 500k

R.Martin 500k

Hoolahan 1m.

Bradley Johnson 0k.

Jackson 600k.

Moro 2.5m

BennettE. 2m

Pilks 2m.

All championship fees. All playing in the prem...

[quote user="city-till-i-die"]And now we are pushing forward!!!!! Or shall we go with what we''ve got and risk with the above list staying in the prem???[/quote]

So we should drop, Holt, Ruddy, Hoolahan, Pilks, Bennett, Johnson??? Replace them with who?

Even if we do go down. There''s a serious championship side there or you''d get most of the money back from him and people like snodgrass.

Can''t see your point here.

Until the 2015/16 season????

Do you know how much money we would have got by then if we''re still in the prem by then?

15 million is peanuts!

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="I am a Banana"]We can sign hooper for £15m (all in) and still go down, then where does the money come from?[/quote]How likely do you think we are to go down this season?[/quote]

On recent form...highly likely.

If we aren''t going to go down, why spend all the money on Hooper now when he is going to be at an inflated price?

[/quote]I''ll try once more.You say we are highly likely to be relegated.  I would disagree but agree we need to start winning games, which involves scoring goals.  Spending money on a goalscorer to protect our income as a PL club is therefore a calculated risk, but a risk most people, including the CEO and manager, seem to think is worth taking.You are contradicting yourself when you say £15m is too much to spend but we are highly likely to be relegated unless our form or style of play changes.If you think we are highly likely to be relegated then we should spend what it takes to give us a chance of staying up.