Sign in to follow this  
Canary Wundaboy

After watching MOTD...

It''s absolutely clear that our defenders need some serious coaching on the offside trap. Cannot believe that our players appealed after 3 of the 4 goals when the Man City players were in clear onside positions. Would much rather see the effort put into closing the attackers down.Although I agree Man City have class, we conceded softly today and it cost us. We can''t have the same occur against West Ham.

Appealed 3 of the 4?

Dzecko wasn''t clearly offside, it was a very very tot position, as him and Garrido are moving in different directions when the ball is kicked, correct decision but not clear.

And didn''t see appealing for any others? Just the one when Bunn saved and Pilks got booked...

It was a pretty poor tackle - it looked like the ref was saying to BJ that he allowed it as Kompany ''had the ball'', which is an interesting one: a studs-showing lunge is normally a booking.

After watching my main annoyance is at Bunn! Poor defending I accept but the second he loses out to Aguero, starts going back to his line then stops, but when Garrido was already covering!! Get back on his line and he might save it, and of course the fourth at near post is self-explanatory. Very tempted to give Rudd a go

[quote user="Gnasher"]After watching my main annoyance is at Bunn! Poor defending I accept but the second he loses out to Aguero, starts going back to his line then stops, but when Garrido was already covering!! Get back on his line and he might save it, and of course the fourth at near post is self-explanatory. Very tempted to give Rudd a go[/quote]Wasn''t just Bunn, none of our defenders moved to cover the goal-line either.

I realise that but Bunn retreated and then stopped half way, but Garrido already had him covered there, should''ve kept going so they could cover the attackers. Bunn has generally been questioned in many of the goals since he came in, just tempted to see how Rudd can do

It''s very, very hard to mark against free-flowing footballing sides. Man City played some good stuff today, like their first goal, it was just sublime. However, quite rightly, we didn''t defend our best. I can''t help feeling the back line is weakened without Ruddy there to assert his commanding presence. Bunn seems to be getting more vocal to his back four, but as the second goal we conceded highlights, isn''t one to be completely trusted either!

The entire back-four were just about in line when they singled out Garrido as keeping Dzecko on, he wasn''t really out of line at all, it was just poor marking along the back line.

As for the tackle on Bradley, it''s a 50/50 and the ball was won. On second viewing it really wasn''t that bad.

Nasri red card was completely correct though, you can''t move your head in like that

In all, not great, but another decent performance and we could have knicked a point. Bring on all 3 at Wet Spam though!

Hansen says Bassong ''cleaned out Nasri'' , and doesn''t back it up, either way, by saying it was against the rules , or fairly done. Yet the Kompany tackle, which imo was far worse, wasn''t even mentioned, unbelievable! Bottled it. If it was our player on theirs, that might have warranted analysis me thinks.

Very similar tackles to Kompany''s will get red cards this season, and perhaps the ref was ''blinded'' by the stature of the player, coupled with how early in the game it was, and bottled the decision. As a result of that, some of his subsequent decisions were bizarre, when giving free kicks (Kompamys tackle that led to our 1st goal for example). He had built a rod for his own back and fluffed it up for himself.

Kompany when in stubs up, definitely a foul and probably a yellow card. However we shouldn''t have got the free kick Pilkington scored from so those two sort of cancel each other out.

As for Nasri I don''t understand how there can be any question that he should have been off. Bassong didn''t make an aggressive move beyond squaring up to Nasri so a yellow was right for him too.

you can tell that the program was shortened to allow as much goal and match action as possible - there were so many talking points in those games it could have been a 3 hour show.

Under current rules Kompany should have been booked - he left the ground making his tackle, borderline studs showing; Bassong went through Nasri who made an aggressive butting motion. The ref got one of those decision wrong. For me though both Bassong and Kompanys were excellent examples of the lost art outlawed art of tackling.

Finally what was Mancini on, about Garridos "back pass"???? it was a clearance that was nearly an own goal and outrageous that the back commentary added it in during the match coverage.

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"] Finally what was Mancini on, about Garridos "back pass"???? it was a clearance that was nearly an own goal and outrageous that the back commentary added it in during the match coverage.[/quote]

Agree it was really odd. It looked like a badly executed clearance from The Barclay at the time with Bunn making a vital save. The replay on MOTD prooves this. When Mancini started banging on about a backpass, I wouldn''t have known what he meant without the replay.

Sour grapes I reckon as they couldn''t score as many as last season. What is it with teams from Manchester right now thinking they are owed by the world?

I think man city are unfortunately quickly going the way of their neighbours in the arrogance stakes, on and off the pitch. Shame because never used to mind man city too much.

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]Finally what was Mancini on, about Garridos "back pass"???? it was a clearance that was nearly an own goal and outrageous that the back commentary added it in during the match coverage.[/quote]The commentator & the pundit on the stream I was watching both thought it was a back pass, the BBC commentator thought it was a back pass and it certainly looked like an intended back pass to me. Obviously the ref thought different, unless of course he bottled it because he would have had to send Bunn off.

I''m slightly confused at the comments on here regarding the backpass. I was surprised at the time it wasn''t given, as I suspect was Bunn, who was clearly waiting to see if he could head it out but had to stick his hand up at the last minute.It was a vital save by Bunn, obviously. Precisely the reason Man City felt aggrieved. I assume the referee has taken the decision that Garrido attempted to clear it over the cross bar, but I''m not sure why he would do that. It looked to me like an overhit back pass, and therefore should have been in indirect free kick.

[quote user="Making Plans"][quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]Finally what was Mancini on, about Garridos "back pass"???? it was a clearance that was nearly an own goal and outrageous that the back commentary added it in during the match coverage.[/quote]The commentator & the pundit on the stream I was watching both thought it was a back pass, the BBC commentator thought it was a back pass and it certainly looked like an intended back pass to me. Obviously the ref thought different, unless of course he bottled it because he would have had to send Bunn off.[/quote]Its not a red card offence, in fact I''ve never even seen someone booked for it. Just the indirect free kick. Handball outside the area is a red.