Sign in to follow this  
Dave

The honours list

As predicted all gold medalists got at least an MBE

Is there anyone with NCFC connections that you think deserves one

I personally think that Brayan Gunn deserves something, I know he was a bad manager but

He gave a lot to the game

He has raised over a million for charity

He did a lot for the club and the city prior to becoming manager

agreed - can see an OBE for that - has given much back to t he local community.

beyond that no - not yet;   hux may be in years to come? 

where are people on the Mo knighthood debate?    My view is Wiggo has performed at that level consistently for severals years and done something no brit has ever done.    Mos acheivements were great but not as.    If not mo why not Bob Weir? 

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]

agreed - can see an OBE for that - has given much back to t he local community.

beyond that no - not yet;   hux may be in years to come? 

where are people on the Mo knighthood debate?    My view is Wiggo has performed at that level consistently for severals years and done something no brit has ever done.    Mos acheivements were great but not as.    If not mo why not Bob Weir? 

[/quote]

Mo did something only a couple of people in the WHOLE WORLD have ever done - The 5k and 10k double?

Sir Micheal Wynn Jones certainly does have a ring about it. It looks and sounds much better than say Michael Wynn Jones MBE,CBE,OBE.Being the modest man that he is i am certain he would never use letters after his name.

2 things

1 Dobber Sheepshanks got an award I see

2 I would be very worried about seeing a doctor or dentist if they had no letters after their name. They have earned them and display them to show they are qualified to practice in their field of expertise. That has nothing to do with modesty.

Are we talking proper doctors? Or just quacks....

Sir Michael Wynn Jones certainly does roll off the tongue. As Lapp says, our true saviour who carried on spending his own money while ungrateful fans gave him dogs abuse on here.

To be honest this doctor malarkey is wide of the mark because you can''t be made a doctor in the honours list. Anyway, Dr Michael Wynn Jones or Michael Wynn Jones BSc PhD DipEM doesn''t carry the same gravitas as Sir Michael Wynn Jones.

Gong For Wynnie (our true saviour).

a local business man, Justice of the Peace, someone who bought work to hundreds in the local area through his building firm and set this club on the road to greatness...step forward Sir Robert of Chase!

[quote user="drurys testamonials V 15"]All doctors are proper doctors according to their PhD. I think you mean proper doctors as medical doctors which is implied by association with dentists[/quote]

Pieces of paper with qualifications written on them can easily be ''doctored'' as surely you have read about unqualified doctors and dentists working in this country who have fooled the medical authorities.

[quote user="Dave"]As predicted all gold medalists got at least an MBE Is there anyone with NCFC connections that you think deserves one I personally think that Brayan Gunn deserves something, I know he was a bad manager but He gave a lot to the game He has raised over a million for charity He did a lot for the club and the city prior to becoming manager[/quote]

No. Because we probably shouldn''t have a honours system at all, and certainly not the one we''ve got.