Sign in to follow this  
Swollen ankles

Why does everyone become so negative

where we have lost a game that in their opinion we should be beating? Westham are a good side who are hard to play at home. IMO we were always the under dog. We will pick up points again soon enough. Need a striker in and to play 2 strikers (at times) but Hughton is the man for us for the next two seasons after that i am not sure we made nee someone who will play more risqué football to push for Europeans places.

I became negative for the first time while watching MOTD tonight..... Lawrenson said we were safe!

I am not negative i am just a realist. I agree Hughton is the man but he needs to learn from his mistakes but first he has to accept he has made them. Yes the Ref had a mare of a game but for me the reasons we lost are he got two key decisions wrong today with the way we set up, that was to leave Garrido out for tactical reason which is nonsense he''s out best left back by a country mile (didnt see him struggle against stoke at home with the physical side of the game) and to play a guy in only his 4th Premier league outing up front on his own. Thats a hard enough job for a seasoned pro they had their 3 best players out and we did not go at them at any point in the game. 3 points dropped today for sure! I hate to say it but under Lambert we would of really gone at them today with 2 up top and we in behind.

I think most of us stopped comparing Hughton to Lambert months ago. Under Lambert we could have lost at home to Wigan 3-0.Move on. We lost by 1 goal, away, in a game where the ref. was dodgy, where we had some key players out against a non-too-shoddy West Ham side.I guess if we had list 2-1 to Man U & Arsenal but beaten West Ham & West Brom 1-0 you wouldn''t have said anything!

WTF, your previous post states we are a ''useless long ball team'' - NEGATIVE or what? Why have a go at others opinions if you can''t even make your own mind up?

Well that''s how we were playing however it doesn''t mean I feel we are going down or that Hughton is rubbish. It was more having a go at the players who seem to just kick and get rid. We need to be patient and play on the floor. Just because I am now saying we will stay up and Hughton is the man for the job doesn''t mean I don''t have worries.

BW - I have to say I wish Hughton would be more positive from the start. It''s evident that we are not as tight defensively as he wants but we are not attrack minded as we need to be to relieve the pressure on the defence.

If it were not for set plays we would score hardly any goals, we need to basics of the best form of defence is attack!

Totally agree and when some people say let''s put russel martin upfront because he''s scoring i put my head in my hands, he is only getting those chances because he is up for a corner a free kick and luckily the ball has fallen to him. Our strikers are getting no service to their feet only good ball for kane yesterday was the one where he went down and on another day would of got a pen. I think still give Kane a chance he is rated for a reason. However he may need someone up with him. There is also a reason Holt has not scored recently because the team is not set up for him now as it is not for Morison this is a team set up for the wingers to score the majority of goals. Ronaldo would be in his element here

[quote user="BW"]where we have lost a game that in their opinion we should be beating? Westham are a good side who are hard to play at home. IMO we were always the under dog. We will pick up points again soon enough. Need a striker in and to play 2 strikers (at times) but Hughton is the man for us for the next two seasons after that i am not sure we made nee someone who will play more risqué football to push for Europeans places.[/quote]What, like wearing no shorts ? [:D]

Yesterday was poor - Poor team selections and formations by Hughton, (albeit not helped by injuries), made the changes too late (again!) and only West Hams wastefulness in front of goal saved us from a tonking!

That said, we were resilient, and with better refereeing decisions could of got a draw. This Leagues always going to be hard and if we drop from our usual high standards then we''lll struggle!

This is being neither positive or negative, just saying it as it is!