Sign in to follow this  
Yellow Messiah

Roeder Loans - Where are they now?

[quote user="City1st"]

if it not been Gunn, we may not have been relegated

we may not have had the new board ............. and the last three very memorable years

years that have wiped away all the dark days, and in some ways been all the more enjoyable because of that darkness

[/quote]

Couldn''t agree with you more - as my Grandmother used to say "when one door closes, another one opens"

[quote user="ABC A Basingstoke Canary"]

[quote user="City1st"]

if it not been Gunn, we may not have been relegated

we may not have had the new board ............. and the last three very memorable years

years that have wiped away all the dark days, and in some ways been all the more enjoyable because of that darkness

[/quote]

Couldn''t agree with you more - as my Grandmother used to say "when one door closes, another one opens"

[/quote]

That''s weird, because my grandmother always said that when one door closes another one you hadn''t noticed slams you right in the face...[;)]

Technically Matty Patty was a Roeder loan so it''ll be fun to know that he''s playing for Bidvest Wits in South Africa.

Here''s a list of all Roeder''s loans:

2007-08 season:

Matthew Bates

Ryan Bertrand

Mohammed Camara

Martin Taylor

John Hartson

Matty Pattison

Jimmy Smith

Maceo Rigters

2008-09 season

John Kennedy

Antoine Sibierski

Jonathan Grounds

Arturo Lupoli

Ryan Bertrand

Elliot Omozusi

Omar Koroma

Troy Archibald-Henville

Leroy Lita

Only the 17 loans in 14 months in charge. Interestingly only Lita and Bertrand still play in the Premier League.

[quote user="Webbo118"]

[quote user="Herman "]At a slight tangent, Robbed Earnshaw is in Tel Aviv,getting shot at by Hamas. Probably better than Cardiff...[/quote]

I think Cardiff is twinned with Tel Aviv.

[/quote]

I thought it was twinned with Kabul!!!

These are the players signed by Roeder;

Take your pick on who was really worth it

Matthew Bates (loan)
David Bell
Ryan Bertrand (loan)

Mo Camara (loan)
Sammy Clingan
Carl Cort

Ched Evans (loan)

Kieran Gibbs (loan)
Jonathan Grounds

(two loan spells)

James Henry (loan)

Wes Hoolahan

John Kennedy (loan)
Omar Koroma

(loan)

Lita Leroy (loan)
Arturo Lupoli

(loan)

Elliott Omozusi (loan)

Matty Pattison (loan to permanent)
Alex Pearce (loan)

Maceo Rigters (loan)

Antoine Sibierski (loan)
Dejan

Stefanovic

Martin Taylor (loan)

Juan Velasco

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Didn''t Gunny sign Gow?

[/quote]

He did, nutty. That said, it is likely Roeder had wanted to buy Gow the previous summer. There was at least one deal that was on the point of being completed that then got scuppered by Cullum going public with his "£20m" for transfers, with the agent promptly demanding more money. From what was said later I suspect Gow was the player.

I wouldn''t be surprised Purple. But like Lambert coveting Holt and Gow is still a Gunn signing along with Holt! :)

When we first saw Gow and Mooney in tandem we thought we had something a bit good! Anyone else remember that?

I remember Gow having lots of little tricks and Mooney seemingly had a real eye for goal.... but just didn''t happen.

I also remember Cody coming on against Cardiff, racing through and rounding the ''keeper to score on his debut and thinking we had something special too.

[quote user="Muffles"]

Ryan Bertrand (loan)

Mo Camara (loan)

Sammy Clingan

Ched Evans (loan)

Kieran Gibbs (loan)

Wes Hoolahan

Lita Leroy (loan)

Arturo Lupoli (loan)

Dejan Stefanovic

Martin Taylor (loan)

[/quote]

5 of 17 loans and 3 of 6 full transfers aint a good return - stefanovic was probably unlucky so only just scrapes in as does lupoli who seemed ok but roeder said no.   Clingan I think was flattered by being surrounded by players worse than he was  so makes it but I cant say I was a fan 

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

I wouldn''t be surprised Purple. But like Lambert coveting Holt and Gow is still a Gunn signing along with Holt! :)

When we first saw Gow and Mooney in tandem we thought we had something a bit good! Anyone else remember that?

[/quote]

I thinik the Cardiff home game which we won 2-0 was Mooney and Gow''s debut was it not?

I seem to remember they were on fire in that game and then proceeded to do bugger all for the rest of the season.