Sign in to follow this  
Martin Bryant

October 1 point, November 9 points.

Not what I want but, realistically I see Norwich getting 1 more point this month (Villa) and the big deciding month being November- you would expect wins against Stoke (home), Reading and Soton....

that would leave us entering December looking slightly better off... :-/

why does everybody suddenly think that after Saturdays game against arsenal we will all of a sudden go on a winning run? I admire the optimism but where does it come from?

It comes from people who aren''t in a complete downward spiral of depression and are capable of seeing the good points and not just the bad points.

I aint on a downward spiral of depression at all, I just haven''t seen anything yet this season that fills me with optimism!!

Did you close your eyes when Holt scored?

Or when Pilks nearly pulled the ball back for an easy chance against Chelsea (showing we need him back). Or Bassong leading the defence to three good performances against QPR, West Ham & Spurs.

Or super BJ.

[quote user="baldyboy"]why does everybody suddenly think that after Saturdays game against arsenal we will all of a sudden go on a winning run? I admire the optimism but where does it come from?[/quote]Villa = LStoke = DReading = DMan Utd = DEverton = LSouthampton = D3 points Alternatively I think that we will get an additional point by beating either Stoke or Reading, but I think if we win either of those two games then we will lose to Man Utd.So with a maximum of 4 points I see us entering December with a maximum of 7 points.  The Sunderland game at home should then be win or bust for Hughton.

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="baldyboy"]why does everybody suddenly think that after Saturdays game against arsenal we will all of a sudden go on a winning run? I admire the optimism but where does it come from?[/quote]Villa = LStoke = DReading = DMan Utd = DEverton = LSouthampton = D3 points Alternatively I think that we will get an additional point by beating either Stoke or Reading, but I think if we win either of those two games then we will lose to Man Utd.So with a maximum of 4 points I see us entering December with a maximum of 7 points.  The Sunderland game at home should then be win or bust for Hughton.

[/quote][IMG]http://i655.photobucket.com/albums/uu276/Canary2345/its-ok-to-interrupt-someones-boring-story_zpsc09d5ec9.jpg[/IMG]

Hope you are right and I am wrong, but I would be very surprised indeed if we get 9 points out of November.

Nearly scoring, missing chance after chance, great play up til the final 3rd but no goals, does that WIN games? No putting the ball in the net and keeping it out at the other end does, something we seem very incapable of at the moment!! But as long as everybody is happy with nearly beating West Ham and QPR and playing well and getting beat by the odd goal at Newcastle, thats ok then isn''t it?

You can''t just start winning, after you''ve been thrashed a couple of times and you just can''t get a team together that gels well. I think we need a result in the next two games, ''cause otherwise moral will be very, very low and the teams we''re going to play, will have much more confidence than us. Even now we can see that CH does not have the influence on the psycho side, that Lambert had. Sorry ...but it''s the truth imo

[quote user="baldyboy"]why does everybody suddenly think that after Saturdays game against arsenal we will all of a sudden go on a winning run? I admire the optimism but where does it come from?[/quote]

It comes from looking at the fixtures and drawing the conclusion that after the Arsenal game we have a run of games against teams where we should be more competitive and have a better chance of picking up points. I don;t think anyone has predicted a massive winning run but its not outlandish to hope that we could pick up 3 or 4 wins from the next 8 or 9 games given who they are against.