Sign in to follow this  
Yosser Hughes

Nervous Reds

Liverpool fan here, very nervous about tomorrows game.  Two teams

struggling to score and desperate for points, so hoping we shall see

an open attacking game.  I think that it will be a lot tighter than last

season at Carrow Road though.RIP John Bond, a great man who sent out many NCFC teams that the Reds struggled against.I expect there are many nervouse Canaries too?  I hope that tomorrow will see some dignity between both sets of fans though and that some respect is shown to those no longer with with us.I''m going for 2-1 to us or a 1-1 draw.All the best for the rest of the season, apart from your visit to Anfield.YNWA

We''ve been battering teams recently but poor finishing, excellent goal keeping and plain bad luck have really let us down. I expect us to really give someone a hiding soon, you should be nervous! :P

[quote user="Oli"]We''ve been battering teams recently but poor finishing, excellent goal keeping and plain bad luck have really let us down. I expect us to really give someone a hiding soon, you should be nervous! :P[/quote]we would need a manager with a pair of bollocks to do that!!

NCFC4LIFE we''ve had 51 shots in 4 league games, thats probably more in four games than we had in any four games in a row last season... This whole ''going for it'' idea that fans are jumping on, we have been going for it. We have had enough chances to win those four games, with on form strikers we would have won 3 of those games, and at least drawn with Newcastle.

Hughton has done nothing wrong apart from possibly not invest in a striker. But I very much doubt he had enough money to buy a capable striker. CMS wouldn''t have been the answer, he''s a Championship striker, we have three of them already. Rhodes probably not either. Vaughan wasn''t the answer. Again, whats he done in this league? The only thing Hughton could have done to guarantee goals is buy a premiership or top european league goal scorer. We don''t/didn''t have the money for that.

I''m really looking forward to tomorrows game, as the OP said, 2 teams in the same boat at the moment, so should be good.

Liverpool looked much better against Man Utd than they have for the rest of the season, and probably would have got the points if it wasn''t for the red card. So hopefully they won''t carry that over to our game.

I think we''ll play a variation of 4-5-1/4-3-3 and really bombard the weakened Liverpool defence, if that finally turns into goals though, nobody knows. And if Bassong doesn''t make it, I think we''ll be conceeding!

Definitely a good time to be playing Liverpool though IMO

Nervous?? What is there to be nervous about?   We''re in the premiership, we play difficult teams every week. We have a strong squad, we have a good manager and we have strikers itching to get on the score sheet. 

Excited would be more appropriate - excited that the season can be kick started by tomorrow''s match.   Yes, it could go the other way, but that is football.   I don''t think we have to be nervous about anything.   After all, what''s the worst that can happen? We could lose a match - it happens. But we have everything to play for and could win.  Can''t wait! 

[quote user="NCFC4LIFE"][quote user="Oli"]We''ve been battering teams recently but poor finishing, excellent goal keeping and plain bad luck have really let us down. I expect us to really give someone a hiding soon, you should be nervous! :P[/quote]

we would need a manager with a pair of bollocks to do that!!
[/quote]

You are of course entitled to your view but that is a really contemptible comment

It would be Grant Holt all over if he broke his duck in this game. This time last year he came off the bench at Anfield after not having a great start to the season and scored one of my favourite - if not our best - goals of the season. Jamie Carragher, Glen Johnson and Pepe Reina will all be remembering that goal tomorrow!

[quote user="Yosser Hughes"]Liverpool fan here, very nervous about tomorrows game.  Two teams

struggling to score and desperate for points, so hoping we shall see

an open attacking game.  I think that it will be a lot tighter than last

season at Carrow Road though.RIP John Bond, a great man who sent out many NCFC teams that the Reds struggled against.I expect there are many nervouse Canaries too?  I hope that tomorrow will see some dignity between both sets of fans though and that some respect is shown to those no longer with with us.I''m going for 2-1 to us or a 1-1 draw.All the best for the rest of the season, apart from your visit to Anfield.YNWA[/quote]

Gerard did for us last season and Suarez had a couple of miscues!, hope he keeps firing blanks, how did he manage to have kids?

I think we’re likely to see Grant Holt emerge as the hero tomorrow - quite possibly with two goals. We know this game is one he can excel in.

Frankly I wouldn’t be surprised to see a sending off for Liverpool; with their manager bleating about referees the players are likely to be trying just a little bit too hard - and deperate people do desperate things...

I suspect Liverpool will give someone a good hiding soon.  I dont expect Norwich to give anyone a good hiding but i think we are overdue a win. Score draw for me which leaves the pair of us still in the poo

I''m always nervous when NCFC are playing, no matter who it is against. Both teams will be desperate to get their first win too, so I''m expecting a good game.

[quote user="Yorkshire Canary"]I suspect Liverpool will give someone a good hiding soon.  I dont expect Norwich to give anyone a good hiding but i think we are overdue a win. Score draw for me which leaves the pair of us still in the poo[/quote]"Give someone a good hiding", perhaps when we sign another striker in January?My head says a 1-1 draw, but I hope that we can snatch our first 3 points of the season.  

Agree with Gingerpele, CH has done little wrong to date. As for this match, our luck will turn very soon, as other than not getting off the coach at Fulham this City team has already proved to me by their performances that they are better than last season. I am expecting a change of fortune today against what is a decent Liverpool side regardless of how many points they have. Would really be fantastic if Holt notches a goal today, preferably that wins us the game as to be honest I''m getting fed up with the newly formed "let''s knock Grant Holt club"!

I expect Liverpool to be nervous as they are a bigger club with understandably inpatient fans who won''t give the Rodgers experiment the time it requires.

Hopefully we have realistic expectations of our team at this early stage of the season. We should have made more of our chances so far but that doesn''t mean that we treat Liverpool as a must win game.

Not nervous , just excited at the possibility of beating a big club but won''t panic if we don''t.

Just back after that. Liverpool were sharpe we were a shambles oh dear. Chelsea and Arsenal games will probably leave us on 3pts from 8 games, the Villa game will be massive, lose that one and panic stations may set in. We were just the type of fixture Liverpool needed but even that will be laughing at all the help we gave them. Worst performance fo me since the 1 - 7 defeat by Colchester