Sign in to follow this  
BroadstairsR

Best/worst decision post-Lambert.

Decisions?

The Hoots has made his fair share of good ''uns and bad ''uns since he has arrived at the Carrot Patch.

On balance, I''m still rootin,'' but I feel that there has now been enough time/games to make preliminary assessments of his decision making.

Biggest mistake: Not signing Craig Mikail-Smith. I did not think this such a disaster at the time and was not over-bothered. How a couple of his opportunist goals might have counted for so much in recent weeks. I am inclined towards him as a Brighton supporting friend of mine has just mailed me stating that he feels the Seagulls would have beaten 1p5wich last night with CMS (now injured) able to play. Work-rate and goals were cited. It had me thinking about all our recent near misses.

(Or a.n.other forward for that matter.)

Best move: Signing Bassong, and didn''t Saturday suggest this?  

Oh dear Mr Broadstairs, I think you are being just a weeny bit provocative (I can feel it in de bones). [:D]However, I agree on both counts!I have always thought CMS would have been a perfect fit for our team......

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]

Decisions?

The Hoots has made his fair share of good ''uns and bad ''uns since he has arrived at the Carrot Patch.

On balance, I''m still rootin,'' but I feel that there has now been enough time/games to make preliminary assessments of his decision making.

Biggest mistake: Not signing Craig Mikail-Smith. I did not think this such a disaster at the time and was not over-bothered. How a couple of his opportunist goals might have counted for so much in recent weeks. I am inclined towards him as a Brighton supporting friend of mine has just mailed me stating that he feels the Seagulls would have beaten 1p5wich last night with CMS (now injured) able to play. Work-rate and goals were cited. It had me thinking about all our recent near misses.

(Or a.n.other forward for that matter.)

Best move: Signing Bassong, and didn''t Saturday suggest this?  

[/quote]

I don''t blame Hughton for missing out on CMS, IF, we did go in for him, then thats McNally''s terrortry, not the managers.

Best decisions - 1. Holt''s new contract 2. Bassong

Worst decisions - 1. Loaning Vaughan with no replacement! 2. Loaning Vaughan even if we had a replacement 3. Failing to sign CMS

I''ve done well and not listed anymore of the less good decisions.