Sign in to follow this  
The Great Drinkell

IHow many points did you think we'd get

Out of the games we''ve played this season realistically how many points did people expect us to get.

I think we are one behind where i''d expect to be. I expected a win against WHU but to get beat at Spurs. Once Arsenal are out of the way then our season should begin. Similar to Southampton.

What do you think?

Was hoping for 10pts from first 10 games still a possibility when we play teams of similar stature, wins against Villa and Stoke please.

its not just the results its the nature of them and the way city are playingwe should have had wins from west ham and qpr, maybe even newcastle but its all too negative and theres no risk taking

its dire

I do think that had we not conceded 5 at Fulham, people would be a lot less concerned. Today isn''t a complete surprise, Liverpool we were poor but 5-2 isn''t a complete mauling, Spurs we were very good, and the other results haven''t been a disaster even if the performances weren''t always that great. So take Fulham out of the equation, and it has gone pretty much as one would have expected.

The performances do make you think that we will struggle even against the weaker sides though. But I''m happy to stay just about on the fence until we''ve played a few more ''winnable'' games.

[quote user="The Great Drinkell"]

Out of the games we''ve played this season realistically how many points did people expect us to get.

I think we are one behind where i''d expect to be. I expected a win against WHU but to get beat at Spurs. Once Arsenal are out of the way then our season should begin. Similar to Southampton.

What do you think?

[/quote]Beat QPR and West Ham, draw with Fulham, lose to Spurs, Newcastle, Chelsea, possibly a point from Liverpool given their awful start.So 7 or 8 by now.And certainly not a -12 GD.

Looking at the fixtures realistically i had hoped for seven and 5 at worst. Beat QPR and West Ham and draw a game away or with maybe a poor draw against West Ham or QPR. When I looked at the fixtures i didnt think they''d been that kind, we seem to have lots of matches (especially home games) from the start of Feb onwards against teams which were likely to be our rivals all in a run up until the last game against Man City. The trouble is you worry at what sort of state confidence wise we''ll be in when we reach those fixtures.

[quote user="technika"]its not just the results its the nature of them and the way city are playingwe should have had wins from west ham and qpr, maybe even newcastle but its all too negative and theres no risk taking

its dire[/quote]Excluding the Fulham and Liverpool games ( I can''t speak on Chelsea one), we''ve played quite well. We just haven''t been able to stick the ball in the net. Case in point, West Ham, were we had 20 shots (14 on target). And when you consider the Liverpool result was better than last season''s (5-2 is more beneficial for the losing side than 3-0), the only result  I''m *really* disappointed with is Fulham.

i actually thought we''d beat fulham and QPR, Draw with the spammers, Draw with Newcastle beat the Scousers and lose the rest11 points.