Sign in to follow this  
BlyBlyBabes

Are we really getting stuck in sufficiently?

We have had 1 yellow and 0 red cards this season in 7 league matches.

Today according to the BBC we conceded 1 foul.

Maybe our target for the season is to win the Fair Play League.

What do you reckon?

Tell you what I reckon about today at least - we couldn''t damn well get close enough to most of the blighters to foul ''em!

OTBC

Statistics: The only science that enables different experts using the same figures to draw different conclusions

(Evan Esar 1899-1995)

[quote user="TIL 1010"][IMG]http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h58/carly_bean/hellfest%202007/Picture009.jpg[/IMG][/quote]

Stomping all over the placeagain  in your big old dirty boots I see Plod.

Dear oh dear.

OTBC

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

Sorry, didn''t see the  similar post  ''Re: Lack of cards....''

OTBC

[/quote]

As you have been "lurking" for over an hour viewing this messageboard i find this rather surprising Bly.[:|]

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

Sorry, didn''t see the  similar post  ''Re: Lack of cards....''

OTBC

[/quote]

As you have been "lurking" for over an hour viewing this messageboard i find this rather surprising Bly.[:|]

[/quote]

OK, so it''s your turn to stalk me today...................[|-)]

OTBC

No were not.

I''m fairly sure we didn''t start ''flooring'' Chelsea players until around the 40th min. When BJ smacked someone down to the floor, Tettey soon followed suit. Second half that trend continued.

I think BJ has been a bit limited, perhaps being told not to be too aggressive as you can easily see him picking up a lot of cards if he went out full throttle. But I would rather we had 5 yellow cards every game, had a player or two suspended every other game, but really went for it. I think a lack of cards, while very good in one respect, when were failing to stop attacks, and make a mark on games is a bit worrying.

I think the ref took a more ''English'' view of the game today

There were numerous fouls that could have been given. Johnson catching tow players above the knee within seconds, holt kicking out on two occasions after being floored - though it can be hard to tell who caused the flooring, the opponent or him. A girlie dive by a Chelsea player could well have got a yellow also.

But having said that we are sitting off the opposition far too much this season. we need to close them down quicker and stay with the man far more. Likewise when we get the ball, give the player options, not just stay in the same place and expect him to get it to you

It''s not a matter of getting stuck in, but getting going

We do not tackle so we cannot comit fouls. Our tatic is to run alongside then wave our arms around in dismay when the oposition score

We are fast becoming the oportunity for other teams to improve their goal diferance

NCFC the current joke of the Prem along with Queens Park Strangers

[quote user="City1st"]

I think the ref took a more ''English'' view of the game today

There were numerous fouls that could have been given. Johnson catching tow players above the knee within seconds, holt kicking out on two occasions after being floored - though it can be hard to tell who caused the flooring, the opponent or him. A girlie dive by a Chelsea player could well have got a yellow also.

But having said that we are sitting off the opposition far too much this season. we need to close them down quicker and stay with the man far more. Likewise when we get the ball, give the player options, not just stay in the same place and expect him to get it to you

It''s not a matter of getting stuck in, but getting going

[/quote]

Agreed. They pressed and closed down so much more quickly than we did today.

OTBC

We do not defend from the front and we keep our shape at all costs. How many times did you see 2 perfect banks of four but nobody pressing the ball. I''m a great Wes fan but today probably wasn''t the day to play him off the front. 442 with Holt and Morison defending from the front might have upset them a bit more.

But to be fair I can''t think of any formation where we''d have got a better result today.

Who is one of the players who has committec most fouls your very own Grant Holt but no cards yet this season maybe refs being lenient.