Sign in to follow this  
Rustyboy

Russell Martin Injured?

I suspect he will be ok just as Pilks got over his injury that made him unavailable for ireland pretty quickly and it would surprise me if carroll recovers miraculously from his hamstring injury in time to play us.

I agree that the Russell Martin injury probably won''t keep him out of the next Norwich game. However, I very much doubt Carroll will be fit for our game as they believe he could be out for the next 4 England games which takes it through to mid October at the earliest. I''d say he''ll be out for around 4-6 weeks so the West Ham game becomes a little bit easier maybe!

[quote user="peter2704"]I agree that the Russell Martin injury probably won''t keep him out of the next Norwich game. However, I very much doubt Carroll will be fit for our game as they believe he could be out for the next 4 England games which takes it through to mid October at the earliest. I''d say he''ll be out for around 4-6 weeks so the West Ham game becomes a little bit easier maybe![/quote]

Carroll is very injury-prone so I see him being out for ages. 

The Scottish back room team were talking about it settling down within the next 48 hours - I may have read things wrong but they seemed to imply he could yet make the 2nd match.  So should be right for Wet Sham.

''Ankle knock'' so should be completely fine. I must admit I shat myself when I saw the ''Russ Martin injured'' article on homepage, but glad it''s just a knock and in a way it''s good he misses the first Scottish game so he doesn''t get a more serious injury lol. Just Snoddy, Jackson, Ruddy and Moro to worry about now though!

[quote user="Rustyboy"]Do we know for how long? Sky says it is an ankle injury.[/quote]

this has been bothering me.. if Russ is injured whose gonna play right back? (assuming whittakers still out)    (elliot bennet?)