Sign in to follow this  
Bws Cat

Match thread- Team news!

Norwich: Ruddy, Russell Martin, Barnett, Bassong, Garrido, Snodgrass, Howson, Johnson, Surman, Holt, Jackson. Subs: Rudd, Turner, Hoolahan, Fox, Morison, Tierney, Kane.

West Ham: Jaaskelainen, Demel, Reid, Collins, O''Brien, Diame, Noble, Vaz Te, Nolan, Taylor, Cole. Subs: Henderson, McCartney, Tomkins, Jarvis, Maiga, Benayoun, Diarra.

Referee: Chris Foy (Merseyside)

So no "Tetley" then, and only one change on the starting XI, Surman on for pilks.

Looking forward to this.

[quote user="Scooby"]Pilks injured ?  I can''t see why he''d not be in the squad otherwise.  Has anyone heard anything?[/quote]
He had a child born less than 48 hours or so ago. I''d imagine that has something to do with it. Weird Tettey isn''t in the squad.

West Ham just had an amazing chance. Martin manages to clear a shot of the line after ruddy fumbled. Damn close.

A counter attack resulted in Jackson being offside sadly

Surman looking impressive, as is Johnson, need more from howson, Holt and Snodgrass. Back 4 looking ok

A couple of observations so far.  Snodders is looking a little jaded to me. He''s been robbed a couple of times and is not harrying as much as he usually does defensively.  He is however getting himself into some advanced positions due mainly to the fact that Holty is playing so deep!! He''s been more like a midfielder so far.
I am now laughing to myself as Snodders, after taking the worst free kick I have seen in years, went on a mazy run in the area and nearly got a pen.

Not really a fumble from ruddy! They are making the better chances, not so good from martin there

[quote user="BW''s Cat"  West Ham just had an amazing chance. Martin manages to clear a shot of the line after ruddy fumbled. Damn close.

A counter attack resulted in Jackson being offside sadly quote]
Which game are you watching? Fumbled ????     Bloody good save from a well hit shot.     Dodgy internet connection ?

[quote user="BW''s Cat"   I don''t watch streams, Im listening to Radio Norfolk. quote]
Ha Ha, well Mr Goreham obviously didn''t get a very good view.  Trust me, it was a good save.

Seems like a major defensive mistake from West Ham! Corner.

GOOD LORD! ABOUT 6 FREAKING CHANCES! JASKETHINGAMABOB SAVES WEST HAM.

Phew. Exciting game!

OMG !!! Snodders does brilliantly to rob O''brien then wastes a brilliant chance to put Jacko in, then somehow we have about 4 shots in the box and it doesn''t f''in go in !!!!! Unbelievable.

Not really a fumble from ruddy! They are making the better chances, not so good from martin there

Holt too anonymous against a poor defence

I think Jacko''s been offside 3 times now.  Slightly later run and he''s going to be in soon.  Far too much pace for them.

Calm down mate.  How can you see the replay on Radio Norfolk?  The replay actually shows that the ref got it spot on and the challenge was about 2 inches outside the box.

Well according to the radio "Surman was at least a yard into the box".

But later it was said that "The ref did get it right"

[quote user="BWs Cat"]Well according to the radio "Surman was at least a yard into the box". But later it was said that "The ref did get it right"[/quote]

First sighting made it look a deffo, but then Surman fell a yard into the box. The initial touch was a fraction outside.

Jihnson has faded a little and we need to get the ball to surman faster wknd has been dangerous. Jackson looks lively but has to stay onside, basic errors. Snodgrass has improved

No half time changes, 15 mins for howson and Holt to improve or quickly be subbed.

IMO it look just outside the box, but it was a tough call for the ref. The first half is pretty even so far, hoping we''ll score early in the second half.

Ball was a yard in the box... a reasonable amount of Surman was in the box but the contact was outside... correct decision but buggerIf we could finish we would deserve to be ahead... Holt still not really in top from...

Well, that was eventful.  Good to see Snodders and Russell Martin coming into the game more and more after a quiet start.  Unfortunately I didn''t even notice that Jonny Howson was on the pitch.  I think at half time, after a slow start, we have been the better side but Holty is playing way too deep, in my opinion, and needs to get himself in the box more.  I think our dead balls have been woeful though.  We''ve had enough corners and free kicks but they''ve been pretty ineffective so far.  Onwards and upwards City !!