Sign in to follow this  
Al

Panic!!

As the manager has started panic buying i assume it''s now ok for the fans to panic?

He hasn''t started panic buying. He has always said he''s looking at more players. And the number 5 was left free last week, pretty much certainly said Hughton wanted a CB.

Bassong has been for sale all summer. If he was originally a target why wasn''t he bought before the season started?

I know you''re taking the p*ss but for the people who are being serious about this ''panic buying'', Hughton can never win. When we don''t buy anyone he is criticised of not buying anyone and looking to improve the squad, and when he does look to get players he is a bad manager for ''panic buying''.

Because he was after other targets?

Is it really that illogical? Maybe he expected Ward and Barnett to be in the first team, and has now realised one or both aren''t good enough. Maybe he didn''t plan on sending Ayala out on loan.

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Because he was after other targets?

Is it really that illogical? Maybe he expected Ward and Barnett to be in the first team, and has now realised one or both aren''t good enough. Maybe he didn''t plan on sending Ayala out on loan.[/quote]Exactly & now he has started to panic

[quote user="Al"][quote user="Gingerpele"]Because he was after other targets?

Is it really that illogical? Maybe he expected Ward and Barnett to be in the first team, and has now realised one or both aren''t good enough. Maybe he didn''t plan on sending Ayala out on loan.[/quote]Exactly & now he has started to panic[/quote]

Tw@t

Do you have a source that says he only went in for him this week.As far as we know discussions may have been going on for weeks

It''s not beyond the realms of possibility that Lambert could have targeted him. But whatever, deals between two PL clubs often aren''t finalised until late in the window.

If you''re suggesting we have signed Bassong on the back of the Fulham saturday game then we have the best negotiators in the world. It takes up to weeks to thrash out a deal, not the matter of 3 days. Now pi$$ off OP and go back to TWTD

[quote user="Morisons Prozac"]If you''re suggesting we have signed Bassong on the back of the Fulham saturday game then we have the best negotiators in the world. It takes up to weeks to thrash out a deal, not the matter of 3 days. Now pi$$ off OP and go back to TWTD
[/quote]

[Y]

There''s a lot of ''em around since the weekend.

AI usually stands for artificial intelligence, in your case it is presumably ''ignorance''. The idea that this is a panic buy is stupid in the extreme, the squad number 5 is clear for the guy to come into, CH and Bassong have previous and it smacks more of getting things sorted than panic.

We also have number 18 free, for a striker - if/when one arrives it will not be due to panic either.

I''m starting to panic that GP will notice he''s been called a tw@t and is going to start on his usual ''I''m allowed my opinion'' tirade

Bloody quote thing, I realise who was calling who a tw@t now! Apologies yellows and you are quite right!

I''ve said it before, if people respected others view''s no matter how poor you might think they are by not being so bloody agressive you wouldn''t need to apologise!

Why people feel the need to be pi$$y or resort to slanging posters off, just because they are seen as negative after the summer and Fulham results they must be Ippo supporters!

Does make me laugh, as none of us are right, we all see things from our point of view and every thread appears to resort to name calling, ganging up on negative posters!

Let''s all agree that in general, Norwich is in the best state we have ever been in, best squad of players, debt free by May, and a good manager who may well turn things around, time will tell.

I cannot call Bassong a panic buy, he is the qulity player we can afford, as previousely said we will never buy the likes of Ferdinand, Terry or Puyoll so let''s be happy with a 6ft 2" quick internation CB.

[quote user="Al"]As the manager has started panic buying i assume it''s now ok for the fans to panic?[/quote]

I thought this thread was about a new Croatian striker we''d been linked to. Disappointing.