Southampton 2

Stoke 1

Sunderland 0

Swansea 2

Tottenham 2

WBA 2

West Ham 4

Wigan 0

As you can see fron this we have made about the same or more than many - this averages about 2 signings per side so no need to panic yet we have 6 weeks till the window shuts and a month till the season starts

QPR is at 6? I thought they made a decent number of signings, but I thought something like 4.

I understand they needed a bit of an overhaul, but if they carry on at this pace, their team will have no chemistry.

Ah, but whereas QPR have strengthened their squad and added players better than the ones they already had (Park Ji Sung, Fabio), we have purchased one for the future in Butterfield and one that has divided opinion in Whittaker.

Personally, I don''t see that they are any better than what we already have here.

I also think that Snodgrass is not as good as his hype will have you believe (we''ve already taken Leeds'' best player in Howson) and the Webster link is a little concerning as again, his record doesn''t suggest that he is any better than what we have.

Strengthened or not, too many new players have been the downfall of many clubs, but I see what you''re saying.

I think Snodgrass has the ability to be a very good player. something about our club makes young talents shine, and I feel like he will do exactly that.

When it comes to whittaker, I had a divided opinion on him too. he has a great deal of experience, playing in Europe, but he is aging. But when you throw in how versatile he is, it makes sense. anyone along the back line injured? replacement. Midfielders injured? replacement. and he also provides competition.

either way, we will see how things pan out soon enough. just over a month to go.

[quote user="Across_The_Pond_Yellow"]QPR is at 6? I thought they made a decent number of signings, but I thought something like 4. I understand they needed a bit of an overhaul, but if they carry on at this pace, their team will have no chemistry.[/quote]

Interesting stats from Dave

ATPY - re QPR - looks like they are trying to do a poor man''s Man City!

At this rate, they could have 11 very talented players with a talented pool in reserve................

After their miraculous escape last season, and the majority of their players busting a gut (not somebody elses!) for the team, wonder if they will actually be able to produce the same team dynamics with a virtually new set of players?

Kind of puts me in mind of the overhaul one NW did for Norwich when we last got into the PL - my analysis from that experience - "from cohesive to disjointed"

With a bit of luck, a similar fate could be in store for QPR. It would be wonderful to see an extremely expensively assembled team actually fail in the PL - would give heart and encouragement to the majority of football clubs. The bleak alternative does not bear consideration

[quote user="CamelFish"]

Ah, but whereas QPR have strengthened their squad and added players better than the ones they already had (Park Ji Sung, Fabio), we have purchased one for the future in Butterfield and one that has divided opinion in Whittaker.

Personally, I don''t see that they are any better than what we already have here.

I also think that Snodgrass is not as good as his hype will have you believe (we''ve already taken Leeds'' best player in Howson) and the Webster link is a little concerning as again, his record doesn''t suggest that he is any better than what we have.

[/quote]

On what do you base that in-depth analysis?

[quote user="Webbo118"][quote user="CamelFish"]

[/quote]

On what do you base that in-depth analysis?

[/quote]

Err, from watching games of course and forming an OPINION.  How else do you think?

Would he oust Pilkington?  No.  Is he better than Bennett?  Not in my opinion.  Is he better than Surman?  Nowhere near.  Is Hoolahan a better player?  You betcha.  What about Howson?  Far better than Snodgrass.

Need I go on?

Sunderland signed Carlos Cuellar and Wigan signed Fraser Fyvie

Double check your list next time

[quote user="CamelFish"]

[/quote]
Most Leeds fans would disagree that Howson was held in higher regard then Snodgrass

Well the list is rapidly getting outdated as Reading have signed Mariappa... I wouldn''t mind another signing please...euh a Norwich signing that is ;-)

Not worried, people are Only concerned because reading have bought lots of players. We are not being left behind

What worries me is we are relying on grant holy and he is getting older he did a great job last season but will he be able to keep it up we need another proven goal scorer to support him and our clubs who will be around the lower half are investing while we appear to be relying mainly on the squad from last year

Well we''re all bloody worried...that''s normal isn''t it? We wan''t to see good signings made and signals that we''re gonna be able to compete! But no guarantees , there never really are...