Sign in to follow this  
NWC

Ewan Chester

Interesting to see that our former scout has returned as part of CH''s team.

As it looks like Hughton will be bringing his backroom staff this includes Ewen Chester as chief scout.  Interestingly he worked for us under Paul Lambert but left to join Birmingham.  These were his words on leaving us which i''m sure he will now regret!

“I have a lot of time for Norwich,” he said.

“They did brilliantly to get into the Premiership and I think they will be there for some time but I am good friends with Chris and the chance to come and work with him was too great.

“When I came to see the place, first impressions were very good. I liked the people.

“When you look at a club you look for a vibe.

“That was there at Birmingham and I have not been disappointed. What we are is a working club.

“Everyone here really puts the hours in and that is mirrored in the team.

“This is also a bigger club. Norwich have done superbly but, no disrespect to them, there is a ceiling to what they can achieve.

“And after the clubs I have been at, like Rangers and Fulham, I have spent a lot of time in big cities. I like that.

“Norwich is a quiet way of life and to come back to a big city was a big attraction.

“The fans are more passionate – and the football more important.”

What has Ewan Chester done? and who is he? Sorry but I have no idea other than he used to be our scout??

"My girlfriend went shopping the other day and someone asked her if I was going to Norwich.

"I''d just like to say that I would never in a million years go to Norwich. I can categorically say that." - Marc Tierney

It sounds like we are going to be having a ''head scout'' again as Ewan Chester is set to return with CH. Funny old game.