Sign in to follow this  
YankeeCanary

Huddersfield Promotion May Result In Narrow Escape For NCFC.

Thankfully, I believe there''s now less likelihood that Norwich will go after Jordan Rhodes. Huddersfield will probably want to hang on to him for a while and see what happens to their campaign or, even if they still consider selling him, they will probably feel they can raise the fee. Having watched Jordan Rhodes a number of times this season and, while recognising the goals he has scored at the lower level, I have to say in all other respects he just does not do it for me and, therefore, I would not place great optimism in him performing at a Premiership level. Further, to support my opinion, if you watch his overall ability compared to what Grant Holt demonstrates then, quite frankly Rhodes is a sailboat tring to navigate ocean waters compared to Grant Holt''s cruiser. 

I have to agree, watched the game hoping to see a good performance from him, but for long periods he was not in the game.

Have to say in his defence, he did not get a lot of service.

Perhaps a year in the Championship will show if he can score regularly at a higher level

I was going to say I have never been interested in Rhodes, and I think although he scores goals at these levels, his all round play isn''t good enough for the Prem.  I was going to say it but then saw that BW agreed.....so I think maybe I am wrong and we need him!!!

I don''t rate him either and never did. Many players score masses of goals at League 1 level but fail in the Prem and I think he''ll prove to be yet another.

at 21 he will only get better and better. whoever gets him they will have to pay a lot, Huddersfield want £8m. I think he will go for less it wouldnt surprise me now they have got promoted we offer cash and jackson

He is a great goalscorer rather than a great footballer , a player who will not contribute a great deal to a game but create him a chance and he will tuck it away . Not worth anywhere near the £8 million they want for him but with Burnley wanting roughly the same for Rodriguez maybe thats the going rate .

Rhodes was invisible until he tucked his penalty away well in the shoot-out.

First I''ve seen him and I was very, very disappointed.

He''s top scorer by miles but omitted from the appointed five penalty takers? Very strange.

OTBC

I don''t think Grant Holt is a "great" footballer but the things he does well he has proved he can do it at all levels. Rhodes has not yet, in the games I have seen him play, demonstrated that he can do the kind of things that Holt does. I am speaking about things other than scoring goals, e.g. holding the ball up, bringing others into play, crossing a ball when he is wide, bullying central defenders etc. Of course, I realise that a striker is there to tuck balls away but, if you lack some of the other attributes I refer to, those chances become much more limited at the top level as many have found out over the years. We will see. Undoubtedly, someone will take a chance on him at some point. I just hope it''s not Norwich if significant money has to change hands.

I am sure people had all the same criticism of Holt, IMO if you know where the net is, its a gift, 40 goals in any standard is outstanding and i would bet on him scoring more goals long term than Fletcher or Rodriguez.

[quote user="ricky knight"]I am sure people had all the same criticism of Holt, IMO if you know where the net is, its a gift, 40 goals in any standard is outstanding and i would bet on him scoring more goals long term than Fletcher or Rodriguez.[/quote]

Rather agree with that, Ricky. It''s a bit unfair to judge someone on one, very high pressure, game . Can''t help but think some of this scepticism re Rhodes  may not be unconnected with his 1p5wich connection ?!

Of course it''s true that some players find it difficult to upgrade a division...it''ll be interesting to see if Rickie Lambert is as effective in the Prem as he was in Lge One or the Champ . But, as you say, there are also people who seem to have the happy knack of scoring at whatever level (eg Holt) . In the end, someone is going to take a punt on Rhodes, particularly if he scores in the Champ now. But PL has a good record of spotting people who can make the jump  two divisions ( Pilks, Bennett x2  Jackson) .I''d agree with one thing the OP says, though. I''d say it''s far less likely Hudds will be looking to sell after yesterday''s events.

Well we will not have to wait too long to find out as the Huddersfield Chairman has said Rhodes future will be sorted in the next few days .