Sign in to follow this  
henrik

It might not even be Villa!!!!

Nobody has confirmed he is actually talking to Villa have they? Swansea? funny how Lambert resigns just a few hours after Rodgers is confirmed to be leaving Swansea! Maybe they have a cash injection and have promised him a serious war chest.ORWest Brom, its all been quiet over there,OR if Liverpool are prepared to take a punt on Rodgers, why not Chelsea on Lambert??

Actually, there''d be a part of me that would pi$$ myself if he joined someone other than Villa.

Er... correct me if i''m wrong but I still don''t see where that "confirms" Villa are talking with Lambert. McNally also tweeted that he is in discussions with "another club" nothing more than that

WBA are getting former Schalke and Hoffenhiem boss Ralf Rangnick as their new boss. Quality appointment by them.

Technically, nobody can talk to Lambert until we give him permission. However, they can talk to his agent...

Pat Murphy said on 5 Live last night that Lambert had talks yesterday with Villa & that he would be unveiled as their new manager, possibly today.

Indeed it could be Villa, but what if it is Chelsea? Would explain a lot, and why Lambert would probably move heaven and earth to go there with unlimited funds and a new broom unhampered by short term needs to win the Champions League. It is not impossible, albeit still still unlikely, that Abramovich has got fed up with "name" managers. All I know is that in the 30 odd years following football almost nothing would surprise me.

There is also an assumption that it is a Prem Lge club. Again  not impossible that a solid European club makes an offer.

[quote user="Tumbleweed"]

Indeed it could be Villa, but what if it is Chelsea? Would explain a lot, and why Lambert would probably move heaven and earth to go there with unlimited funds and a new broom unhampered by short term needs to win the Champions League. It is not impossible, albeit still still unlikely, that Abramovich has got fed up with "name" managers. All I know is that in the 30 odd years following football almost nothing would surprise me.

There is also an assumption that it is a Prem Lge club. Again  not impossible that a solid European club makes an offer.

[/quote]

It''s a nice idea that only a top club could tempt him away.... But I''m afraid it''s not true. The Lambert deal with Villa is done. :(

[quote user="henrik"]Nobody has confirmed he is actually talking to Villa have they? Swansea? funny how Lambert resigns just a few hours after Rodgers is confirmed to be leaving Swansea! Maybe they have a cash injection and have promised him a serious war chest. - No, Rodgers was confirmed hours after Swansea confirmed Rodgers was on his way out. If you don''t mean when it was confirmed then the timing is still wrong, and why makes absolutely no sense at all. Surely that''s obvious?ORWest Brom, its all been quiet over there, - Its not been quiet at all.. They are clearly in advanced talks with Rangnick.. And were put off Hughton before that before Birmingham wanted too much compensation.OR if Liverpool are prepared to take a punt on Rodgers, why not Chelsea on Lambert?? - LOL you don''t mean that right?

Actually, there''d be a part of me that would pi$$ myself if he joined someone other than Villa.[/quote]See above in bold^

There is a feeling amongst  most of us that Villa aren''t a great club.   A bit like Liverpool - don''t seem to be making any headway and appear to be going backwards.    I hope Rodgers and Lambert know what they are letting themselves in for - they will not find it as easy as they did at Swansea and Norwich, thats for sure.

Would love it if he turned down Villa, even if he doesn''t come back here afterwards.    But I think its a done deal.