Sign in to follow this  
BlyBlyBabes

Well, that's a kick in the gut for romanticism

Norwich and Swansea.

But in our case I think that the hard nosed realists we have in control - Bowkett & McNally - are good enough and tough enough with a bit of luck to build further on our new Canary Dream.

* When the going gets tough, the tough get going *

No weeping or regrets folks, let''s just keep moving on up in the best way we can.

OTBC

I''ve got a feeling Lambert will fall flat on his face. Expectations will be massive and let''s face it... Holt''s goals made his tactical naivity look better than it often was.Surrounded by big time Charlies on huge money will be very different to dealing with hungry players on the rise and grateful for a club.

[quote user="Cluck Nose."]I''ve got a feeling Lambert will fall flat on his face. Expectations will be massive and let''s face it... Holt''s goals made his tactical naivity look better than it often was.

Surrounded by big time Charlies on huge money will be very different to dealing with hungry players on the rise and grateful for a club.

[/quote]

Cluck Nose nothing.

[quote user="Row D Seat 7"]Funny how Lambert and Rogers have both left to the teams Norwich and Swansea played on final day.[/quote]

And both to clubs with American (US type) owners.

Ultimately in their quiet moments they''ll both regret their moves I reckon.

OTBC

[quote user="TCCANARY"]

[quote user="Cluck Nose."]I''ve got a feeling Lambert will fall flat on his face. Expectations will be massive and let''s face it... Holt''s goals made his tactical naivity look better than it often was.Surrounded by big time Charlies on huge money will be very different to dealing with hungry players on the rise and grateful for a club.

[/quote]

Cluck Nose everything.

[/quote]Thank you for your support.

[quote user="TCCANARY"]

[quote user="Cluck Nose."]I''ve got a feeling Lambert will fall flat on his face. Expectations will be massive and let''s face it... Holt''s goals made his tactical naivity look better than it often was.

Surrounded by big time Charlies on huge money will be very different to dealing with hungry players on the rise and grateful for a club.

[/quote]

Cluck Nose nothing.

[/quote]

Accuracy in it''s shortest form, if I may say so TCC.

Probably the sort of mindless, negative response that we''d all expect from Clucky.  Does he EVER have anything positive to contribute ?

Whatever we may feel about what Lambert''s done in the last 48 hrs, to suggest he is tactically naive is just plain idiotic. But, as I say, nothing unexpected from the author concerned....

[quote user="Eric Pickles Pie Supplier"][quote user="TCCANARY"]

[quote user="Cluck Nose."]I''ve got a feeling Lambert will fall flat on his face. Expectations will be massive and let''s face it... Holt''s goals made his tactical naivity look better than it often was.Surrounded by big time Charlies on huge money will be very different to dealing with hungry players on the rise and grateful for a club.

[/quote]

Cluck Nose nothing.

[/quote]

Accuracy in it''s shortest form, if I may say so TCC.

Probably the sort of mindless, negative response that we''d all expect from Clucky.  Does he EVER have anything positive to contribute ?

Whatever we may feel about what Lambert''s done in the last 48 hrs, to suggest he is tactically naive is just plain idiotic. But, as I say, nothing unexpected from the author concerned....

[/quote]Here he is again....Get any further up your own arse and you''ll see daylight.After years of endless insults on here.... you really are a lightweight.... or possibly a mumbling idiot?

I cant help but feel Rogers got a good job though, what manager in his right mind wouldnt want a crack at Liverpool, Villa on the other hand

A good point babes...

It''s all about the money im afraid. Not the fact that there a bigger club or because there players or league position attracted PL there.

Cluck why the sudden hatred towards Lambert? This is stupid. "tactical naivity". What?

[quote user="Cluck Nose."]

Here he is again....

Get any further up your own arse and you''ll see daylight.

After years of endless insults on here.... you really are a lightweight.... or possibly a mumbling idiot?
[/quote]

As I said in my earlier postings...mindless, numbingly negative, idiotic . I''m sure others can find some other, more aposite adjectives.

We just feed him the bait, and he rises every time....

On the more serious issue raised by the OP; it is indeed a pity that managers like Rodgers and Lambert move on ,but it''s something that happens in most walks of life. I have no doubt that PL willl become a top, top manager. I''m equally sure that if he''d stayed at Norwich for a couple more seasons, he''d have landed one of the big jobs direct. He''s chosen to do it via Villa Pk. Good luck to the guy.

I am with BBB, managers come, managers go, players come, players go, owners come, owners go. In McNally and Bowkett we have two individuals who get the very best for NCFC out of this situation. I personally will not be getting upset at PL (or Grant Holt for that matter) leaving, I wish PL all the very best, and I hope that he does not have cause to regret his decision......

[quote user="The ambassador"]A good point babes...

It''s all about the money im afraid. Not the fact that there a bigger club or because there players or league position attracted PL there.

Cluck why the sudden hatred towards Lambert? This is stupid. "tactical naivity". What?[/quote]Where''s the hatred?  The point is a valid one and there were plenty of comments on here saying the same as the season wore on.Plenty of managers of ''lesser'' clubs fall on their face when managing big money players and I think PL will be one of them.Not hatred.... just an opinion.

[quote user="Yellowbeagle"]I cant help but feel Rogers got a good job though, what manager in his right mind wouldnt want a crack at Liverpool, Villa on the other hand[/quote]

My thoughts too.

Paul Lambert I suspect is too obsessed with pursuing the Martin O''Neil route and style for his own good. He should have waited for a top 4/5 job. Bad advice or obsessiveness?

Villa will ultimately frustrate him as they did O''Neil.

OTBC

Actually (IN MY OPINION), Clucks right!

There was a number of games last season where I (as well as many many others) felt tactically pl was wrong. Especially when it came to a few home games that we should have won, but went too defensive.

Dont get me wrong. i really did admire Paul Lambert and he definitely got the best out of the players. However, at times i think he was tactically wrong.

And b4 you start.... No I am NOT a manager but know when some tactics don''t look right!