Sign in to follow this  
Stowmarket Canary (not Delia)

Villa Chief Exec was Lambert your number one choice??

[quote user="AJ"]Er, winning the ultimate trophy 30 years ago is the one that stands out Having an average premier league finish of 5th Couple of league cup wins Runners up after going neck and neck with Man Utd in the first PL season Basically I''ve enjoyed ALL the last 30 years ups and downs. That''s what supporting your club is all about Relegation happened and was taken on and we went straight back up. It was a fun season There were times last season when I actually secretly thought a season in the championship would be fun. But that was under a manager that had sucked the life out of the club and everyone connected with it Words can''t describe the difference in feel around the club since he was removed. The whole place has woken up from a year long hibernation Lambert has been on to a winner from day one simply by not being McLeish Long may he reign. And if a top 4 club come calling for him in 3 years, then so be it. It''ll mean he''s done his job here to warrant it But, and let''s be honest. If he''s got Villa in the top 6 by then he will be able to achieve whatever he wants with the set up that''s in place Just like Saunders did ... another present made in Norwich[/quote]

Nonsense!  Villa''s average Premier League finish is 9th.

What, the first Premier League season, where you finished 10 points behind Man U and 2 points ahead of us?

You''re suggesting Lambert will be winning league titles and European Championships at Villa, ROFL?

[|-)]

[quote user="AJ"]Why would anyone in Norwich hate Villa ?. Seems odd to me. Your board caused this mess not us

As for Faulkner (Villa Director) yes he''s a grade A knob[/quote]Did you actually just ask that ??

[quote user="AJ"]There''s some very bitter folks on here. You''d think we were rivals or something Remember better to be a sleeping giant than just another forgotten also ran. Just ask Liverpool, they''re still snoozing but remembered too Forget about Villa. Think about Ipswich and staying ahead of them. Hughton will do a good job no doubt. But like Lambert will look to jump ship (much quicker than Lambert) if a better offer comes along. It''s in his make up[/quote]

We are currently rivals, not in the sense of a derby, but rivals all the same.  Don''t disillusion yourself.

So we aren''t rivals, and we are bitter and should forget about Villa, yet you feel the need to keep popping up your grubby little head on a Norwich forum stirring it up?

Just like your club, you''re a sly, dirty, little weasel.

[IMG]http://chzderp.files.wordpress.com/2012/02/f9c60fb6-a940-4df7-a993-7704d4a74e15.jpg[/IMG]

In the overall premiership points table for the 20 premier league seasons, Aston Villa sit 5th, behind Man Utd, Arsenal, Liverpool and Chelsea. The table only shows the top 25 point earners so I can''t tell you where Norwich are. Even though the likes of Wigan, Southampton, Coventry, Leicester, Portsmouth, Boro, Charlton, Sheff Weds and even Wimbledon all make the top 25.

In the overall all time English football top league points round up we sit 5th again. That list is topped by Liverpool followed by Arsenal, Everton and Man Utd. Norwich do feature in this list at a respectable 34th. Just below Charlton, Blackpool and Ipswich who sit at 31st.

In the entire history of English football, Aston Villa sit 4th in terms of trophies won. Inc 7 titles, 7 FA cups, 5 league cups, 1 European cup, 1 Super cup. Total 21 trophies behind Liverpool, Man Utd and Arsenal. After scrolling down the list I found Norwich on 2 trophies, just behind Ipswich who have 3 and just above Birmingham who have 1.

Not random stats, just facts.

Thinking we''re footballing rivals would be akin to me thinking we''re in the same league as Man Utd, Chelsea or Man City. If only!

Dispite some squeaky bum moments last season AJ, you are in the same league as Man Utd, Chelsea and Man City, its called the Premiership. Aston Villa our rivals for us, they too will be looking for a lower - mid table finish next season and therefore the fewer points they pick up the better, therefore by default they are rivals. If you think the appointment of Lambert automatically means you are top 6 material next season I think you maybe over-estimating Lamberts abilities.

Our aim is back in top 6 within 3 seasons and a cup run or two. Quietly confident

No delusions of grandeur or CL here

Small steps, no giant leaps expected

[quote user="AJ"]Our aim is back in top 6 within 3 seasons and a cup run or two. Quietly confident

Small steps, no giant leaps expected[/quote]Well be prepared for a top half finish, Lambert to jump ship and you guys to slump again.And to think, if some teams had just done thier jobs we would have relegated you on the last day of the season !Thats the only real shame about all of this !!

Ooo bitter!

Don''t know why. I''m delighted, you should be happy with your choice too. I''d be a bit annoyed with your board and the shambles they''ve made of this though

Lessons will be learned I''m sure

I wish you would stop tainting my forum name. Haven''t you got something better to do, like actually support your own team?

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"][URL=http://uploadpic.org/v.php?img=xg1Hoc7Dzo][IMG]http://uploadpic.org/storage/2011/Iq2wvaXkLgPGg7CbP7arXfWpJ.png[/IMG][/URL][/quote]

Probably my favourite post! love it!

[quote user="AJ"]Ooo bitter!

Don''t know why. I''m delighted, you should be happy with your choice too. I''d be a bit annoyed with your board and the shambles they''ve made of this though

Lessons will be learned I''m sure[/quote]

Lol I think you will find we have a better manager than you lol. You booed O''Neill out of your club and Lamberts league one signings will not be accepted by a group of supporters that think they are capable of winning the premiership. Think your investor lost most of his money did he not. Enjoy the next 2 years and then he will shaft you.

[quote user="AJ"]Our aim is back in top 6 within 3 seasons and a cup run or two. Quietly confident

Small steps, no giant leaps expected[/quote]

You live in the past Lambert has been employed ( which he will do ) to bring your club back out of the disarray it is in. Once he has gone ( within 2 years ) you will realise how tinpot your club is. The top 6 have real investors not virtual bankrupt americans that have made your club a laughing stock. Lambert left our club because he realised he was not capable of keeping us up next year. Now we have a real premier league manager. Enjoy the next 2 years they will fly by.

[quote user="AJ"]Our aim is back in top 6 within 3 seasons and a cup run or two.[/quote]Lambert doesn''t do cups you will find this out the hard way which being a villa fan is probably watching your team getting beaten on SKY one cold december tuesday night in Grimsby . league position is everything to lambert (it serves his career prospects far better).

[quote user="AJ"]Ooo bitter!

Lessons will be learned I''m sure[/quote]Nah not overly bitter, just disapointed that Lambert went to a club with delusions of grandeur rather than a team that actually has potential. Well Lambo does enjoy a challenge, just think to turn the tin pot clarets around hes got a lot of work. You lot were apauling at Carrow Road. Mid Championship at best, you gotta remember as well, this is the first time Lambert actually has a budget to work with.So he might low ball and get you some bargin basement players or high ball and spend more than he should on half rate players, this aspect of his management is un tested.The disrespect shown by your fan base towards your own manager can only be beaten by Blackburn, im sure you lot will be baying for the blood of another Scotsman in the near future !As for us.... 5 mins till Hughton unveiling, nice when you actually get your first choice isnt it ;)

I read some of these bitter tinged posts and can almost smell tears of anger. Incredible

Give it a rest now. He''s gone, you''ve got a new manager from arguably a team on par with yourselves (well 1 trophy less, don''t let them try and argue any different) and you need to look forwards

Happy days all round

[quote user="AJ"]I read some of these bitter tinged posts and can almost smell tears of anger. Incredible

Give it a rest now. He''s gone, you''ve got a new manager from arguably a team on par with yourselves (well 1 trophy less, don''t let them try and argue any different) and you need to look forwards

Happy days all round[/quote]Well your right about one thing, Birmingham City are the classy outfit in the brum area.Why are you not posting on the Villa forums anyway mate ? I guess they must be quite dull when you only have 10 fans.

We probably have more turn up to an open day than you''ve seen all season. But don''t take my word for it

The press rarely report about anything over your way so it''s hard to know for sure

One thing I do know, Hughton''s going to find it hard going from his Porsche to a club tractor

Oo ar

[quote user="AJ"]I read some of these bitter tinged posts and can almost smell tears of anger. Incredible

Happy days all round[/quote]

Have a look at the league 1 and Championship captains - one of them will be your first signing - now f**k off like a good little boy to your little dream world - given the chance you would have signed Hughton the real thing rather than the apprentice.

[quote user="AJ"]We probably have more turn up to an open day than you''ve seen all season. But don''t take my word for it

The press rarely report about anything over your way so it''s hard to know for sure

One thing I do know, Hughton''s going to find it hard going from his Porsche to a club tractor

Oo ar[/quote]Hughton clearly arrived by tractor..... did you not see the thread Here he is ? I thought you would have been trolling better.Trolls are from Norway right ? So was your first choice manager hahahaha

Ha. Yeah Hughton was on our want list, top of the pile in fact. But we weren''t to know their Chinese owner had a manure fetish. Two tons of Norfolks finest in exchange for him was something we could match

We''re broke

I am from Norway, well spotted.

A country hardly known for its nightlife and excitement

A bit like Norfolk. Without the inbreeding and big phantom dogs

..... that was a really "crap" comeback. I feel good for Lambert, now at least hes moved to a place which has a lifeless crap accent to match his own :)

[quote user="AJ"]I am from Norway, well spotted.

A country hardly known for its nightlife and excitement

A bit like Norfolk. Without the inbreeding and big phantom dogs[/quote]At least Norfolk is a place, Aston Villa is not even a fecking village LMAO.Felt so burnt you had to double post some pathetic whimpers ? Your beat son, crawl on back to your little manor ;) Adios dick head

Out thought by some bumpkins. I''ll never get back into Norway now

I''d better keep a low profile in good ol Dereham too

Not easy when a lot of the locals look incredibly alike

All in good jest ;)

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"]You should fit in well with your webbed feet.[/quote]He should be doing a 14 hour shift in the factory but they''re all closed now which is why most of Aston supplements their supplementary dealing weed and opiates.

When I went to the away Villa game last season, outside the ground I had to turn round to tell my mates to tone down the ridiculous Brummie ("Orrr Rrroight", "tara a bit") impressions because they would be beaten up by the Villa fans.

It was then that I realised that the ones doing these exaggerated Jasper Carrott impressions were wearing Villa scarves and mostly about 20 stone overweight.

Am I really supposed to believe your tractor made it all the way to the second city ?

That''s a lot of carrot juice

[quote user="AJ"]Am I really supposed to believe your tractor made it all the way to the second city ? That''s a lot of carrot juice[/quote]

Give it a rest chap, you''re just embarrassing yourself now.

There''s a good lad.