Sign in to follow this  
Supermarket Prodigy

Grant Holt - Don't Lash Out!

but while we''re waiting for confirmation......let''s lash out anyway!

If you were in the last 2 or 3 years in your career and got the chance to double your wages you''d be tempted too?

We have to remember that for most of his career he will have been on pretty poor money (for a pro footballer) - it is his last chance to cash in big and could set him up for life.

If it is true he''s put in a transfer request, then he should be stripped of the captancy if he ends up staying. Not lashing out (he''s been a great player for us), I just don''t feel that a player who doesn''t want to be at a club should be captain.

[quote user="safri_free_kick"]If it is true he''s put in a transfer request, then he should be stripped of the captancy if he ends up staying. Not lashing out (he''s been a great player for us), I just don''t feel that a player who doesn''t want to be at a club should be captain. [/quote]What total and utter rubbish.  He wasn''t made captain because of his love of NCFC.  It was because of his attitude in general.  I agree with the poster above - say thanks and let him have one big pay day

people really lashing out?? get real - thats football and has been for years...

Who lashing out at - the club, lambert grant? NONE of them deserve it.

Say Holt is on 10,000 grand a week, that''s over a half a mill a year, what is wrong with that, plus wages at his previous clubs!!! plus another year if he stays. your looking at about a million at least!!! He just wants his ferraris, lambo''s etc. If he goes hope he keeps the bench warm at a bigger club.

Maybe it''s the old Rooney trick....Perhaps our illustrious owners were refusing to up his money (which he deserves) and so he bangs in the transfer request to twist a few arms. He isn''t getting any younger and I suspect plenty of clubs would double his wages and give him a 2 year contract.It''s a short career and he hasn''t had very many years to build up a retirement kitty.

Sorry Cluck but the way he has come out in public is a disgrace and shows no content for the norwich fans who dearly love the bloke.

[quote user="BW"]Sorry Cluck but the way he has come out in public is a disgrace and shows no content for the norwich fans who dearly love the bloke.[/quote]It''s just a job to footballers BW and as he has no connections to Norfolk you can''t expect anything more than 100% effort on the pitch which he has given aplenty week in week out.That''s life I''m afraid and if he leaves he goes with my respect and admiration for what he''s done for us.

exactly cluck - which is why we should appreciate the true legends like drury, mcveigh and hux all the more - truly loved the club and area

[quote user="Jeremy Cluckson"][quote user="BW"]Sorry Cluck but the way he has come out in public is a disgrace and shows no content for the norwich fans who dearly love the bloke.[/quote]

It''s just a job to footballers BW and as he has no connections to Norfolk you can''t expect anything more than 100% effort on the pitch which he has given aplenty week in week out.

That''s life I''m afraid and if he leaves he goes with my respect and admiration for what he''s done for us.

[/quote]

Bolton have released 8 players today,have we made any offers to anyone he didn''t like for less money than he has asked for ? or is it a Rooney trick