Sign in to follow this  
CanaryNorf

If Worst Comes To The Worst New Captain?

If things cant be reconciled with Mr Holt and he does leave us to pastures new who do you think would be captain material i was thinking Hoolahan hes been with us through everything and he is our pint sized general and i would imagine is very well liked in the dressing other than that please dont think im bashing grant holt im certainly not im very grateful for the last three years players come and go but our club always remains just would have liked him to have waited till after drurys testimonial but thats just my personal opinion

You never know we might end up buying our new captain in the close season.PL likes captains.

[quote user="CDMullins"]Least of our worries
[/quote]

Exactly. The important question is who will score the goals to keep us up next year? Morison? Jackson? Vaughan?

Any idea how much a 15 goal a season Premier League striker costs? I''ll give you a clue, we can''t afford it.

Any fee we get for Holt won''t be the £7m/£8m figure people are thinking. He''s 31 and has had one good season at top flight level and one at the level below that. The fact he wants away won''t strengthen our bargaining position either.

Feels like the wheels just fell off.

while i agree with your comments did any of us expect holt to score the goals he has done this season or for us to be where we finished i certainly didnt on either count theirs no guarantee either holt will score 15 next season defences in the premiership adapt and he is a year older

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Howson.[/quote]....head and shoulders above any other candidate. sure to start every match, if available, for starters (no pun intended), r.bennett too young at this time.

When we signed Howson, I said he is the future captain of NCFC. He was the Leeds captain (youngest they''ve ever had I believe), leads/plays by example, and seems the perfect candidate. If not, Ruddy!

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Howson.[/quote]

Can''t see him being Norwich captain for quite some time. It needs to be someone who keeps the team together, someone who has been with the team more than 1/2 the season. I would say it would be between ruddy and Hoolahan, but R. Martin wouldnt be a bad choice.