Sign in to follow this  

[quote user="Mark Fotheringham City Legend"]Just signed a new one year deal with the option of a further year. Always thought he had potential. Great news.[/quote]

I think Ian Culverhouse must see something really good in him. Personally i''m not sure he''s got enough to get in near the first team to develop. From the limited of times i''ve seen him but he seems to be abit of an all rounder, maybe the club will try and get a season long loan for him next season at championship level which would be another step up.

Looks a decent player to me but as said above the Premier League is a massive step up, especially for a youngster trying to establish himself as a professional.

A loan at a League 1 side is the most realistic option this season, very few Championship clubs would loan a player with just a few League 1/2 & SPL games under their belt.

[quote user="Canary_on_the Trent"]Looks a decent player to me but as said above the Premier League is a massive step up, especially for a youngster trying to establish himself as a professional. A loan at a League 1 side is the most realistic option this season, very few Championship clubs would loan a player with just a few League 1/2 & SPL games under their belt.[/quote]

I haven''t seen much of him admittedly, but Hibs fans seem to speak very highly of him, in particular his crossing ability. I would imagine, given our current circumstances, that if Lambert thought he wasn''t ready for at least Championship he wouldn''t have been given this contract. Don''t see us making a return to the 3rd tier anytime soon so it would be pointless to keep players of that standard. Would be fantastic to see an academy product pushing for a 1st team spot.

Prem is probably a bit much yet, but still has a bag of potential for the future. I''d like to see him go to a championship club if he can (on loan of course). That way he can show us what he''s made of

[quote user="Canary_on_the Trent"]Looks a decent player to me but as said above the Premier League is a massive step up, especially for a youngster trying to establish himself as a professional. A loan at a League 1 side is the most realistic option this season, very few Championship clubs would loan a player with just a few League 1/2 & SPL games under their belt.[/quote]

I dont think Betrand or Gibbs had many games before they came to us - their quality (and inexperience) stood out - so getting him to a champs team will do him the world of good;  he cant cost the club taking him much and with cully selling his ability I am sure he will blossom 

I''m pleased for him. He''s worked hard for this since he was a boy at Spurs. I sat with his family at Gillingham for the paint pot game. Talking to them makes you realise how hard it is for some of these youngsters and their families. It isn''t all handed on a plate.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

I''m pleased for him. He''s worked hard for this since he was a boy at Spurs. I sat with his family at Gillingham for the paint pot game. Talking to them makes you realise how hard it is for some of these youngsters and their families. It isn''t all handed on a plate.

[/quote]

Work hard when they are young, benefit when they get older. [y]

The difference between Francomb & Gibbs/Bertrand though is; they were/are very highly rated at big & successful clubs. Also being part of the England youth set up for a number of years.

They were both quality young players touted to play for England & at the top level from a young age.

I''m very pleased for the lad, he''s clearly worked hard, displayed a good attitude here and on loan and clearly our management team have seen potential there otherwise he''d probably have just been released.Good luck to him and I agree that maybe a loan to the CCC would be the best bet, but with an option to recall if he shows real ability or in case of injuries.

all the best to him BUT half of my family are hibs supporters (he was on loan to them last season) and i attend a few games ,im sure you would want some feedback so..

he couldnt get a starting place in the team but he did make apperances coming of the bench but it was at right midfield, he does look a decent prospect he quite quick and got a great right foot on him, i wish him all the best and im sure he will become a cracking player although for a premiership team i dont think he is good enough YET for a back up,maybe another year out on loan would help.

Good to see PL has some faith in him, wouldn''t be surprised To see Korey have the one year extension activated on his contract.

If francomb stays and plays back up right bk, then we''ll get naughton or whoever, R Martin will be considered at CB and we''ll hve bennett, ayala, barnett and martin at cb and ward will be released?

I thought that he played well enough when he came on against Celtic. He obviously has a good technique and touch, and he didn''t seem at all phased. He is nowhere near Naughton in pace, but perhaps it was nevousness that held him back from dashes upfield.

I agree that he deserves another year, but as bench warmer/reserves, or out on loan? PL will have to judge this.