Sign in to follow this  
Cantiaci Canary

Arsenal on Saturday

Sorry to be a dunce but is there any reason why we are playing Arsenal on Saturday when the rest of the league plays on Sunday?

If it''s because of the FA Cup Final then why aren''t we playing on Sunday too?

I reckon there won''t be a MOTD on Saturday. I''m seriously peed off about the whole thing. Cup Final day is no longer special. A cynic may well believe that it''s because SKY don''t have the FA Cup. Survival Sunday and the Play Offs are the new sacred days. For someone who used to rate Cup Final day close to Christmas Day the devaluation of our greatest football tradition has been a bitter pill to swallow.

Don''t hammer the new boy!!

I agree that the FA Cup has lost it''s glamour, Manchester United not entering, big teams putting out weakened line ups and so on. Perhaps if they awarded a Champions League spot to the winners it might regain some of it''s former lustre?

I don''t even know if that''s an option. As for us playing Arsenal, I can''t wait, I''ve never been to The Emirates, shame it''s an early kick off though.

COYY!!

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

I reckon there won''t be a MOTD on Saturday. I''m seriously peed off about the whole thing. Cup Final day is no longer special. A cynic may well believe that it''s because SKY don''t have the FA Cup. Survival Sunday and the Play Offs are the new sacred days. For someone who used to rate Cup Final day close to Christmas Day the devaluation of our greatest football tradition has been a bitter pill to swallow.

[/quote]

You''re right Nutty, there is sadly no MOTD on Saturday. Shame, I was looking forward to 30 mins of highlights of the game. Unless we lost heavily of course....

There''s a 1 hour highlights programme on Sky Sports 2 at 9.30pm on Sat night. As we are the only game we should get most of the coverage.

There is a 1 hour highlights programme on Sky Sports 2 at 9.30pm on Sat night. We are the only game so we should get plenty of coverage.