Sign in to follow this  
"""""""""Ben """""""""""

Everyone is after Whitbread

[quote user="Julius Sieze-Her"]

As he seems to be much sought after by other clubs it could be considered to be a mistake to let him go.

[/quote]

It would be considered a mistake to keep him if his severe injury proneness is going to render him fit to play half a season.If it''s an increase in wages he''s holding out for then I''d prefer to let him go and pay the higher wage that somebody like David Wheater of Bolton would demand - that''s assuming Bolton go down. He''d be worth every penny of the 4-5 million I reckon he''d go for.

[quote user="Shyster"][quote user="Julius Sieze-Her"]

As he seems to be much sought after by other clubs it could be considered to be a mistake to let him go.

[/quote]

It would be considered a mistake to keep him if his severe injury proneness is going to render him fit to play half a season.If it''s an increase in wages he''s holding out for then I''d prefer to let him go and pay the higher wage that somebody like David Wheater of Bolton would demand - that''s assuming Bolton go down. He''d be worth every penny of the 4-5 million I reckon he''d go for.[/quote]Is there any evidence that he is "holding out" for anything? From the few noises that have come out of the Club, my impression is that either discussions have not taken place at all or the whole thing is a smokescreen because nobody outside Carrow Road really needs to know what our players'' contract situations are. I certainly have never been given the sense that Zak has been made a perfectly fair renewal offer and he is stalling over a decision.

[quote user="Chip20"][quote user="Shyster"][quote user="Julius Sieze-Her"]

[/quote]

It would be considered a mistake to keep him if his severe injury proneness is going to render him fit to play half a season.If it''s an increase in wages he''s holding out for then I''d prefer to let him go and pay the higher wage that somebody like David Wheater of Bolton would demand - that''s assuming Bolton go down. He''d be worth every penny of the 4-5 million I reckon he''d go for.[/quote]Is there any evidence that he is "holding out" for anything?[/quote]

No, there is no evidence that he is "holding out" for anything - which is why I began the sentence in bold with an "If". [img]http://services.pinkun.com/forums/pinkun/cs/emoticons/emotion-4.gif[/img]

[quote user="Shyster"][quote user="Julius Sieze-Her"]

[/quote]

It would be considered a mistake to keep him if his severe injury proneness is going to render him fit to play half a season.

If it''s an increase in wages he''s holding out for then I''d prefer to let him go and pay the higher wage that somebody like David Wheater of Bolton would demand - that''s assuming Bolton go down. He''d be worth every penny of the 4-5 million I reckon he''d go for.
[/quote]

I don''t think Wheater is better than Zak. In any case, a £4 million fee equates to over £25,000 a week for a 3 year contract....and then wages on top. IMO better to offer Zak a contract (and according to PL he hasn''t been offered one) and also urgently look at City''s training methods so not so many of our players keep getting injured in training.

What about Carlos Cuellar? He is not only a quality stopper, but he has a impressive dressing room influence and works hard all the time.

He''s out of contract too.

[quote user="NCNOR"]What about Carlos Cuellar? He is not only a quality stopper, but he has a impressive dressing room influence and works hard all the time. He''s out of contract too.[/quote]

Are you his agent?

I''m a bit torn, Whitbread is one of our best c/bs so it would obviously be good to keep him, but he doesn''t exactly avoid injuries (and we aren''t talking ''blood and guts'' injuries for the cause, just annoying niggles and strains): we have had him on our books for nigh-on 3 seasons and he has only managed 43 starts - you just seem to know there is another niggle round the corner. Some players just seem unlucky like that.

I think Lambo knows what he''s doing, and it has probably been sorted one way or the other already. If Zak goes there are other decent guys out there who can come in: defence does need a bit of an overhaul so I imagine we already have a list of names lined up.

so GJP, ''i''m sure the other player said something'' is me saying Martinez is totally innocent?

I don''t like Ronaldo, yes he''s a fantastic player, but i''ve never liked his attitude. I''m sure there are players you don''t like, i''m not going to have a go at you for that. Give it a rest.

I hope he doesn''t go, I think Ward proved at the weekend that we need to strengthen the defence, not weaken it. Whitbread and Ayala are our two best centre backs, and for all we''ve done for Whitbread (sticking with him through all his injuries, getting him back in the team, taking him to the Premiership) hopefully he can show us a bit of loyalty and sign another contract!