Sign in to follow this  
TheRock

Chris Martin

[quote user="Indy_Bones"]
If we''re going to keep players like Jackson and Wilbraham here as backup, then Martin should also stay as he''s certainly no worse than either of them, [/quote]

In terms of touch and technique he''s probably better than both of them but in terms of practical functions within the team Jackson is quicker and much more mobile and Wilbraham is better at winning the ball and holding it up.

Chris Martin is a good player and a dangerous player when he''s given time and space to play but when good defenders get tight to him he doesn''t have many answers for it. He doesn''t really mix his game up and good defenders (which they all are at this level) snuff him out fairly easily.

I first remember seeing Chrissy warming up, I think he had been playing in the England Youth Set-UpI remember thinking his touch and technique looked top class. The way he moved the ball, the way he struck the ball and his swagger made me think we would have some player on our hands.Unforunatley I feel he is held by his physical ability, for the position he plays he needs to be explosive and fast. His football brian is on-par with Hoolahan''s, but he is just not quick enough or strong enough.His attitude as also let him down in the past, he is very much a confidence player and sulks when things arnt going right.We have all seen how deadly his finishing can be and how his passes can change a game.He seems to have done Ok in a poor Palace side.Id be tempted to give him one more shot. Id rather Martin came on than Wilbramaham

[quote user="Green Jack"]Is it because he is from Beccles in Suffolk that so many people do not like him?[/quote]Ha ha.... [Y]Get your tin hat on!

[quote user="Green Jack"]Is it because he is from Beccles in Suffolk that so many people do not like him?[/quote]Beccles is a Norwich-supporting town, like most of Lowestoft is. Why would you not like him?[:|]

Combine the finishing and technique of a mid-to-low level Premiership player with League 2 strength and pace, and you''ve got Chris Martin.

Martin would be a great fit for a La Liga team like maybe Levante.

Personally I do like him and I think that he is a very good player. I would certainly keep him at Carrow Road for another year or two.A question for GJP though, is how can he claim that Chris Martin has nothing to offer against Premier League defenders after just 3 or 4 games at this level?  If we are going to judge our players on just 3 or 4 matches then surely the majority of them would be deemed not good enough for this level, as every player in our squad has had a run of 3 or 4 poor games this season.  I think that Chris Martin done ok in the few games he played earlier this season.

Never seen Cody McDonald play a premiership game but decided long the he wasnt good enough for that level, you can judge from their performance in other divisions no?

[quote user="NCNOR"]If Martin bags more than 5 goals next season I''ll eat my underwear and post the video online.[/quote]I hope for your sake that you are at least talking about Premier League goals for NCFC.

[quote user="Green Jack"][quote user="NCNOR"]If Martin bags more than 5 goals next season I''ll eat my underwear and post the video online.[/quote]I hope for your sake that you are at least talking about Premier League goals for NCFC.

[/quote]

Of course....

[quote user="TheRock"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zhWN6LgRgic Thought I''d post this too, for the doubters. [:D][/quote]Thank you for that link and thanks to Chris Martin too if the worst happens and he does not get another chance in a green and yellow shirt.More ability than a lot of players in our squad and our management should focus on getting the best out of him.

No problem. You can''t just overlook a player and say "ah hes not good enough", I thought against Stoke and Chelsea he was a real pest for their defence. I''ll admit against Swansea when we played E.Ward I thought "FFS", but he played bloody awesome that game, [:$]even if he isn''t now. You can''t just chalk off players.

[quote user="TheRock"]No problem. You can''t just overlook a player and say "ah hes not good enough", I thought against Stoke and Chelsea he was a real pest for their defence. I''ll admit against Swansea when we played E.Ward I thought "FFS", but he played bloody awesome that game, [:$]even if he isn''t now. You can''t just chalk off players.[/quote]Are you referring to our games against Swansea in the Championship here?

Unfortunately lacks the drive and commitment to succeed at both this level and in lamberts team ethos.

Fantastic ability at league one level, ok ability at championship level.

Has had a chance this season and didn''t take it, there comes a time when you have to thank a player like Chris for his efforts and move him on. Sad I know but how else will we ever progress as a club?

The Chris Martin issue always crops up at least once every couple of months and the facts always outweigh the incredible loyalty certain Norwich fans show to homegrown players, but sometimes you just have to admit, he''s not good enough rather than questioning the tactics of our manager who just in case anyone has forgotten has assured us premiership football after successive promotions from league 1.

[quote user="Green Jack"][quote user="TheRock"]No problem. You can''t just overlook a player and say "ah hes not good enough", I thought against Stoke and Chelsea he was a real pest for their defence. I''ll admit against Swansea when we played E.Ward I thought "FFS", but he played bloody awesome that game, [:$]even if he isn''t now. You can''t just chalk off players.[/quote]Are you referring to our games against Swansea in the Championship here?[/quote]No, this season, this year, when we beat them 3-2. He was at fault for one of the goals, but kept atleast 3 clear cuts out. [D]