Sign in to follow this  
Oli_NCFC

its got to be holt and graham!

Joint second

top English goal scorers! If they get overlooked there is something seriously

wrong with English football. The England team should be picked on form, not

what club there at and their reputation!   

Sorry Oli get over it, Pearce the latest anus to manage England, cannot remember when form had anything to do with selection for England.

I remember Geoff Hurst for the misfiring Jimmy Greaves, some time ago eh.

[quote user="pete"]

Sorry Oli get over it, Pearce the latest anus to manage England, cannot remember when form had anything to do with selection for England.

I remember Geoff Hurst for the misfiring Jimmy Greaves, some time ago eh.

Correct, how can Cleverly be picked......................OH.... He plays 3 games a season for Man Utd

[/quote]

Slightly wrong ......... Greaves suffered an injury and Hurst took his place and played so well that Greaves (with his deserved reputation as England''s top striker) could not get back into the side.

Reputation meant nothing in Sir Alf''s eyes.

I can understand Holt not getting a call because of his age, but I was quite surprised Graham hasn''t been called up, he''s been playing well (I wish we had signed him!!)

Yes, but he was previously injured against France and could not get back in the team because of Hurst''s form.

He was never dropped because of performance, only through fitness, and then he was unable to regain his place. 

Speaking for myself here, I agree Holt and Graham should have been selected when they announced the squad for the Holland (Friendly) Game,The Dutch can''t play friendly I feel Holt would have been kicked up in the air and out for months so perhaps it''s a blessing, The other thing is would you like it to be just someones after thought? Holt deserves better than that, we all know Carroline will be there. Pearce will not pick a Norwich player because he don''t know how to get to Carrow road,      

Why would the dutch, be more likely to injure Holt than any of the big players he''s come up against this season?

I''m sure the Stoke bullies are much more likely to hack Holt to pieces than any of those Dutchmen, their all tiny compared to Holty.

Imagine if 3 seasons ago some mid table prem team like Villa or Fulham took a gamble and signed Holt, Graham and Lambert! Holt (400k)Graham (350k) Lambert (1m) For less than 2 million they would have a strikeforce worth now about 20 million and guaranteed 30 goals a season.

[quote user="Time For Heroes"]Imagine if 3 seasons ago some mid table prem team like Villa or Fulham took a gamble and signed Holt, Graham and Lambert! Holt (400k)
Graham (350k) Lambert (1m) For less than 2 million they would have a strikeforce worth now about 20 million and guaranteed 30 goals a season.
[/quote]

What''s that saying? - ''There are no guarantees in football!''...

I don'' think they would have at all.

These three players have developed because of the clubs they have been at, the players they have been with and the managers they have played for. If Gunn hadn''t signed Holt, he would probably be in League One or two...

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Why would the dutch, be more likely to injure Holt than any of the big players he''s come up against this season? I''m sure the Stoke bullies are much more likely to hack Holt to pieces than any of those Dutchmen, their all tiny compared to Holty.[/quote]

Didn''t say they would , just said its a blessing that he is not playing as the Dutch can''t play friendly, (AND WHO EVER IS UP FRONT) Could get kicked up in the air. sorry If I confused you son.