Sign in to follow this  
BroadstairsR

Wolves

Dreadful today, especially in the first half. Completely humiliated by local rivals and a team we have recently tucked up twice.

I feel sorry for McCarthy and have liked him ever since his spat with the dreaded Roy Keane. I doubt now that he will last the week. What irony if he ends up at Ippy. He''s a better manager than Keane or Jewell IMO.

It would have been a good result for us had we been in danger. As it is, it proves just how good we are and that the League doesn''t lie. 

I''ve never really rated him to be honest.

It''s one thing buying your way out of the championship (with Sunderland too) but he''s not cut it in the Prem IMO.

Fair enough he''s kept Wolves up in the previous two seasons, but there''s been no progress. 15th in their first season, 17th last season and now look set to return to the Championship.  Also at Sunderland he''d got 10 points from 28 games before being sacked.  Bit like Warnock, good in the Championship but isn''t good enough to become succcessful in the top flight.

after this result the bottom five are 7 points adrift of 15th place villa who have just kicked off their match, so if they get at least a point the gap is 8. can''t see three of them making up that deficit let alone the 14 points to us so 3 relegated to come from the bottom five.

[quote user="Canary_on_the Trent"]Feel for Mick McCarthy as he is an honest bloke & has done a decent job at Wolves but it couldn''t have happened to a better set of ''supporters''.[/quote]

His team were a damn disgrace to him, they just gave up.

And he''s a top bloke imo.

McCarthy strikes me as someone who relies on "old school" 4-4-2 football and can barely string two words together.  I understand why this endears him to some, mostly people who think they could probably manage a football team because how hard can it be etc etc., but the reality is he''s bought poorly, set his teams up poorly and has no "plan B" when the game''s not going his way.  Wolves will fire him tomorrow and get Steve Bruce back into management.

[quote user="Mister Chops"]  Wolves will fire him tomorrow and get Steve Bruce back into management.

[/quote]

Or maybe Warnock.

Roy Hodgson post-match interview brilliance...

"On the other hand I don''t want to appear naive. I know it''s part

of the game nowadays and it doesn''t matter whether you''re God Almighty

or Mick McCarthy, people are going to think there''s people out there who

can do it better"

Not wanting to offend anyone, but I''d like to be the first to say that I''d have been a much better God Almighty.  For a start, I wouldn''t have rushed everything in during that first 7 days.

[quote user="Canary_on_the Trent"]Feel for Mick McCarthy as he is an honest bloke & has done a decent job at Wolves but it couldn''t have happened to a better set of ''supporters''.[/quote]

Amen to that

[quote user="Mister Chops"]

Roy Hodgson post-match interview brilliance...

"On the other hand I don''t want to appear naive. I know it''s part

of the game nowadays and it doesn''t matter whether you''re God Almighty

or Mick McCarthy, people are going to think there''s people out there who

can do it better"

Not wanting to offend anyone, but I''d like to be the first to say that I''d have been a much better God Almighty.  For a start, I wouldn''t have rushed everything in during that first 7 days.

[/quote]

Knocked the job off in six days actually. Followed by a bit of Him time. A real pro.

Just shows what a lightweight excuse for a deity YOU would have made