Sign in to follow this  
Rudolph Hucker

The Prince, The Hulk and The Pea

Last night Kevin-Prince Boateng smacked the first goal past Arsenal. On his back he modestly wears ''Prince.''

Giovanildo Vieira Souza has just put one past Man City. On his back is ''Hulk'' a nickname because he looks like the actor from the TV series.

Javier Hernandez Balcazar player earlier against Ajax. On his back is ''Chicarito'' which translates as ''Little Pea.''

As these games are played in UEFA competitions I assume it is okay to wear nicknames; in the EPL Hernandez still wears his nickname; do you have to have an exotic name to qualify or can Tommy Brown also do so?

I suggest Holty be allowed to weat ''Horse'' on his shirt; Yakubo should be able to wear ''Yak'' if he likes. What nicknames would you like to see players wearing on their shirts instead of their names? It could end up like WWF Wrestling or Marvel Comics but it could add a new dimension to the game.

Til why don''t you just tell Kathy your feelings, you may even get a little tug at half time on saturday.

I can think of one or two names that could be put on the shirts of Ipswich players !   Also rearranging  "TORRES" would be fairly apt.

Actually, this practice is not all that new. If named shirts had been around in  Pele''s day, I''m sure he''s not have had "Edson Arantes do Nascimento" on his . In fact most Brazilians and Portuguese operate under their diminutive nickname . In fact I don''t think Ronaldo''s surname is Ronaldo.

And, closer to home, didn''t the Bolton defender, Tyrone Mears just have "Ty" on his shirt when he played for Preston? 

I was reading somewhere that United get fined £1200 for every Premier game Hernandez plays with ''Chicarito'' on the back of his top.

If we''d signed David Dunn in 2009 then Dunn, Otsemobor, Doherty, Hoolahan and McVeigh could have turned out en masse as "Dave D", "Dozy", "Beaky", "Mick" & "Titch".

Andy Hughes could have two arrows pointing to above his head where he would naturally be clapping

Zema Abbey, Matthieu Louis-Jean, Gaetano Giallanza, Neil Emblem, Darren Eadie, Keith O''Neill could all have ''cardboard legs''

Mark Fotheringham with an arrow pointing to the side showing the direction of his movement and passing

Michael Theoklitos ''little chef'' everything goes past without stopping

Jamie Cureton ''prolific at every other club other than norwich'' realise that might be a bit of a squeeze