Sign in to follow this  
Shack Attack

Good news for Drury/TierneyNaughton/Lappin?

[url=http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/feb/16/antonio-valencia-manchester-united-ajax]Antonio Valancia out for four weeks[/url]

One of their better players in recent weeks.

Valencia is not that good a player. He''s Nani''s deputy, who himself is no Ronaldo.Sell Ronaldo and replace with Antonio Valencia?? No wonder they wave those yellow and green scarves!Anyhoo, we''ve got a bigger problem with Ashley Young being back up to speed.

Definitly one of the most underrated players in the league I think. Has been one of their best players this season, having played the majority of it out of position as well.

I imagine Ferguson will keep it relatively narrow anyway, expecting his superior players to triumph in a like-for-like setup, e.g. Carrick v Fox, Scholes v Johnson, Young v Surman, Cleverley v Hoolahan.Oh, I just depressed myself.

[quote user="Canary_on_the Trent"]He''s probably been the best wide-man in the Premier League in recent months, so it can only be a good thing if he misses out but with Ashley Young & Tom Cleverley fit again they have options.[/quote]I must admit, I don''t go out of my way to watch manyoo, but if they are on motd or something I get to see them then. I feel a bit ashamed, as I didn''t realise he had hit a vein of form.How''s that young Gazza player doing for the tottenham hotspurs???

Antonio Valencia is a fantastic player, certainly NOT a Nani deputy (who himself has come a long way since Ronaldo left). I would pick Valencia ahead of Young and Nani to play wide, as he adds a great defensive side to the team as well. He always finds space for a cross.

The threat of Valencia actually comes from Rooney. If that makes sense. Those two have built a telepathic understanding so when the two play together, they get the best out of each other and Rooney is more dangerous when Valencia plays.

PL will need a plan to stop AV finding WR whenever he has the ball. Who knows what he''ll come up with but I suspect ''Operation Liberty'' won''t work for this game!