Sign in to follow this  
Feel The Force

Kyle Naughton - Permanent Deal in Jan?

Started brightly then had a few shakey games but has come back strongly recently.

Hard to see him getting a game at Spurs so it could well be on the cards.

i hope so only 23 years of age and is definite prem quality and with experience really could be a top player, with walker and corluka at spurs he isnt going to get the game time he needs to develop. Is he on a season loan or till january?

I''m a little worried when we play Spurs. Obviously Naughton won''t be able to play and De Laet is injured at the moment. Hopefully he will be back by then as we need a bit of pace in dealing with Bale. Maybe will have to shift Russell Martin over to right back and play Bennett to help him deal with Bale''s pace. But ahh well lets just play Wolves first :D

From what he has said or implied at times, he would rather be at CR with a prospect of playing regularly than back at Whitehart Lane warming a bench. Much could depend on what ''arry thinks. Naughton is still young and could develop further. Walker seems to have nailed down the position for Spurs for the moment, and so long as there is cover for him at Spurs, ''arry might be glad of some cash for team building.

My doubts would be:

How much would we have to pay in January? We have him for the season, but could we get someone as good in the summer when prices could be a little lower.

How much do we see him as an investment, able to provide significant developed talent before we lose him on a Bosman?

If we have the money, and PL can find nothing more urgent to spend on, then why not sign Naughton. It would at least enable us to have a further loan signing, presumably?

[quote user="Salopian"]

How much do we see him as an investment, able to provide significant developed talent before we lose him on a Bosman?

[/quote]

He''s 24 next birthday so I would see him as someone who would be coming here to play first team football for a big chunk of the best part of his career.

I wouldn''t see him as some kind of upcoming youngster with masses of potential to fill who we could then sell on for huge piles of cash.

Corluka''s agent is looking for a move for him and there have been rumours of european clubs interested in Walker.

Do I think Naughton will leave Spurs, yes I do but I think there may be a few more clubs looking at him. I do think we are in the driving seat, if we were to look at a perm. deal. I do rate him very highly, if he could gain a little height he would be perfect, but he is a very capable right back in this division and I think it is great that we have him here.

I do think he can develop very well and I hope it is here.

[quote user="Ben "]I''m a little worried when we play Spurs. Obviously Naughton won''t be able to play and De Laet is injured at the moment. Hopefully he will be back by then as we need a bit of pace in dealing with Bale. Maybe will have to shift Russell Martin over to right back and play Bennett to help him deal with Bale''s pace. But ahh well lets just play Wolves first :D[/quote]

I wouldn''t be surprised if De Laet or Barnett appear at right back for that game

I thought he was a little disappointing at the start of the season. But I think he has been improving game by game and I would be very pleased if we could sort something in January. At his age and with regular football he will only improve as well.

[quote user="Ben "]Would like to see this happen. Spurs have Walker and Corluka in that position so don''t need him.[/quote]Also they have Kaboul, Gallas and King who can all fill in as full-backs, and would probably be above Naughton in the pecking order.Martin and Tierney have probably been better players than Naughton this season. And neither of them would get into Tottenham''s side. So I don''t think Naughton will either.